Maryville (4-0) @ Science Hill (3-0)

Tornado89

Wow that's a bold prediction. Not saying it is unfounded because Maryville has a way of humbling most teams. So do you think DB will be able to score on Maryville in a couple of weeks?

That's in 2 weeks. But the answer is yes. Reason for the rout - competition. SH (1 or 2 largest schools in the state) played Elizabethton 3A and took 4qtrs to put them away. Other than that - a donybrook vs Bradley Central and trailed late. Last week they played a cupcake from NC

Maryville hits hard

Roll Rebels

Easy to Prepare for .... and Open Enrollment ... ( Gee , I bet Coach Carter is right here on CoachT ) , Ya I heard all the other things too , he said a lot of nice Stuff .... but a Coach Saying Easy to Prepare for when he is 0-4 against them and being outscored 172-35 , with 21 of those points coming from Curt Phillips in 2007 when Carter Coached at Sullivan South ??? It really does blow my mind that someone who lost to Maryville just 10 months ago 45-0 ( ZERO ) would actually say Maryville is EASY to prepare for ..... and then the nice little OPEN ENROLLMENT comment he snuck in there while as Starz has already pointed out , Coach Carter's team also has that Advantage that he brought up . Maybe Coach can give Coach Rankin a call this week , just in case they do lose , and come up with a few more EXCUSES . Go Rebels !!

Maryville fans... you will be ready (by the 1st qtr) to shoot out the speakers on the SH Tiny Tron... if it was a huge like DB's, we would call it a Jumbo Tron. They had to get some advertising company to pay for the Tiny Tron and in doing so, they BLARE AT MAX VOLUME freaking commercials at a High School Football Game!! Cars, Insurance, you name it.  The Tiny Tron is so far away from the Field you wouldn't even notice it except for the fact that the speakers work

Maybe Momma can bring her sling shot with her. 

How dumb can you get? As if Maryville needs bulletin board material. I bet this is what GQ did when he heard about Carter saying those things about Da Rebs. "Child, please"George_Quarles_-1405082768.jpg

What is this official provide the other team bulletin board material week? LC coach did the same thing with the OR game. Shot his mouth off in the newspaper. geez

Edited by oridgecat

Coach Carter definitely brought his brash arrogance with him from Colonial Heights when he made the move. But to call out Maryville and GQ with silly comments is no way to start a healthy rivalry with the number 1 team is the state. Gonna be rough sledding for the Hill for a while to come. The road goes through Blount Co. to Cookvegas, and I don’t see that changing anytime soon! I have lived in JC for 20+ years, and have tried my darnedest to warm up to this school, but they won’t let it happen……

Go Rebels!!!

Easy to Prepare for .... and Open Enrollment ... ( Gee , I bet Coach Carter is right here on CoachT ) , Ya I heard all the other things too , he said a lot of nice Stuff .... but a Coach Saying Easy to Prepare for when he is 0-4 against them and being outscored 172-35 , with 21 of those points coming from Curt Phillips in 2007 when Carter Coached at Sullivan South ??? It really does blow my mind that someone who lost to Maryville just 10 months ago 45-0 ( ZERO ) would actually say Maryville is EASY to prepare for ..... and then the nice little OPEN ENROLLMENT comment he snuck in there while as Starz has already pointed out , Coach Carter's team also has that Advantage that he brought up . Maybe Coach can give Coach Rankin a call this week , just in case they do lose , and come up with a few more EXCUSES . Go Rebels !!

I don't know if this was touched upon earlier, but Science Hill as well as a lot of other schools in this area have open enrollment. :huh: So, I'm not sure what Carter's thinking.