Oak Ridge @ Sevier County

tnchad1980

64 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins

• Oak Ridge
    • Sevier County

LOL.

Yes, this is going to help our opponents. Please tell me you're smarter than the herd mentality.

It doesn't help them, but as a program makes us look like a bunch of thugs, and I love my team too much to air this type of stuff out in the open. Some things are meant to be taken care of in private and this is one, especially when it involves a 16 year old kid. That's common practice even at the collegiate level, until at least the truth comes out in the situation. If you love OR as much as you say you do you wouldn't post something like this. It just makes us look bad and gives everybody else in TN HS football ammo.

It doesn't help them, but as a program makes us look like a bunch of thugs, and I love my team too much to air this type of stuff out in the open. Some things are meant to be taken care of in private and this is one, especially when it involves a 16 year old kid. That's common practice even at the collegiate level, until at least the truth comes out in the situation. If you love OR as much as you say you do you wouldn't post something like this. It just makes us look bad and gives everybody else in TN HS football ammo.

Guess the HC should talk to his players about what they put on Twitter.

Maybe so, but he isn't omniscient. Can't control everything 15-17 year old kids do. It would be nice if he could monitor everything, but that's not realistic. Maybe their parents should step up and actually be parents?

Again, there was a warning sign that this kid didn't know what was correct & incorrect to say in class.

The coach let the school handle discipline & now it's worse. I'm sorry, but a coach should show more leadership than what's been shown in this instance.

Again, there was a warning sign that this kid didn't know what was correct & incorrect to say in class.

The coach let the school handle discipline & now it's worse. I'm sorry, but a coach should show more leadership than what's been shown in this instance.

Maybe so, but what good does it do to post it here? If anything, it makes things worse. Sheds a very bad light on the OR program the day before a huge ballgame. 

Maybe so, but what good does it do to post it here? If anything, it makes things worse. Sheds a very bad light on the OR program the day before a huge ballgame.

Avoiding the issue. Blaming the players for what they Tweet. When you open the can of worms on here. The OR posters that I know would have never posted this on here, especially 27 hours before kickoff.

If our players are worried about what's on here tonight, then we're in trouble tomorrow regardless of what's posted.

Avoiding the issue. Blaming the players for what they Tweet. When you open the can of worms on here. The OR posters that I know would have never posted this on here, especially 27 hours before kickoff.

It isn't avoiding the issue.

You act as if I am bringing something public that is public on a MUCH bigger forum than this site.

I'm not worried about our players seeing it. That's the least of my concerns.

Then why on Earth bring up tomorrow's game?

It is a nonsensical argument that bringing issues like this that are being poorly managed by those in charge to the light of day is harmful. If anything, more people need to be aware of how sloppily things like this are handled.