Oak Ridge @ Sevier County

tnchad1980

64 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins

• Oak Ridge
    • Sevier County

Then why on Earth bring up tomorrow's game?

It is a nonsensical argument that bringing issues like this that are being poorly managed by those in charge to the light of day is harmful. If anything, more people need to be aware of how sloppily things like this are handled.

Do you enjoy making the program look bad? I actually agree with a lot of things you say, but I don't agree with you posting this. I have to agree with catswild on this one. Take it up with the head man if it bothers you that much.

Avoiding the issue. Blaming the players for what they Tweet. When you open the can of worms on here. The OR posters that I know would have never posted this on here, especially 27 hours before kickoff.

Maybe so, but what good does it do to post it here? If anything, it makes things worse. Sheds a very bad light on the OR program the day before a huge ballgame.

Do you enjoy making the program look bad? I actually agree with a lot of things you say, but I don't agree with you posting this. I have to agree with catswild on this one. Take it up with the head man if it bothers you that much.

Do you enjoy kids slipping between the cracks? Is football all that matters to you for these kids?

I'm sure that you know Gaddis's long history of ignoring disciplinary issues if he thinks that a kid has a slight chance of helping him win. Knowing that, do you believe there's any reason to take this matter up with him? You've even posted that he's lax when it comes to discipline, so you know it's futile.

As to "making the program look bad," you need to reconsider who is responsible for doing so. The person that merely speaks of what's going on in the program, or the people allowing it to happen, able to change things, yet refusing to do so. I cannot wait to hear about him trotting this kid out on the field Monday, after he's been suspended for the previous three days.

Edited by OakRidgeTruthTeller

Do you enjoy kids slipping between the cracks? Is football all that matters to you for these kids?

I'm sure that you know Gaddis's long history of ignoring disciplinary issues if he thinks that a kid has a slight chance of helping him win. Knowing that, do you believe there's any reason to take this matter up with him? You've even posted that he's lax when it comes to discipline, so you know it's futile.

Oh good grief.  No one takes any pleasure to see any of our town's kids "slip through the cracks."  My problem is airing out a discipline situation involving one of our students on a public board and pretending to know what it is about.  Unless you are an administrator, teacher involved or the parent (guardian), you can't know all of the facts as to the punishment of the student.  Therefore your conclusions about how the coach should have handled it is conjecture at best.

Oh good grief.  No one takes any pleasure to see any of our town's kids "slip through the cracks."  My problem is airing out a discipline situation involving one of our students on a public board and pretending to know what it is about.  Unless you are an administrator, teacher involved or the parent (guardian), you can't know all of the facts as to the punishment of the student.  Therefore your conclusions about how the coach should have handled it is conjecture at best.

I really love it when people that don't know me tell me what I know.

I posted EXACTLY what happened. How do I know? That's really none of your business.

I must say that I'm with the erudite ORTT on this, at least in part.  Tolerance is not really a virtue.  It's often confused with mercy, which is.  Until relatively recently, public shaming served a very important function in Western civilization.  More's the pity that we don't see more of it nowadays.

What you have posted the last two hours is none of anyone's business, but it didn't stop you.

A kid claiming to have a gun at school isn't anyone's business?

Thinking like this is why he'll end up slipping through the cracks. Frankly, it is everyone in this community's business, as we pay much of the salaries of school personnel with our taxes.