Lebanon at Antioch

hardtackle

Moonwink I shouldn't have said "school" is going downhill fast.  Bad choice of words on my part.  The two biggest male athletic teams have gone down hill fast is what I should have said.  The basketball team has been awful for several years now and the football team like you said is really struggling.  I can't remember the last time Antioch went 0-10.  Hall may be a great person, his staff may be made of great men, I don't know them.  What I do know is that the admin got what they wanted and this is the result.  I hate it for the kids.  I know a lot of them that are seniors. 

Moonwink you are Antioch through and through.  What do the bears have to do to start making improvements?  What can they build on for next year?  When are you getting back in the game?

Well a start would be to send these players to WRESTLE!!!!!! Builds character, discipline, heart.  Gets them in shape, allows them to understand how to handle their bodies in situations.  Yes the teams have been down.  But wrestling won a district title last season, with maybe 1 or 2 football players.  Also, these kids need to run track, to build speed.  I look at the Pearl-Cohns, Maplewoods, McGavocks, Overtons(Metro Schools).  Independence, Ravenwood, and a lot of contender in football have their skill players on the track team.  Antioch has a way of steering these athletes away from these sports, when in actuality, it will improve their stock to college coaches.  Prime examples, Keyshawn Vaughn of PC was a track star and state champion in track.  He knew football was the future, but worked hard on the track.  Example #2, Leonard Fournette- ran track his senior year in Louisiana, had already signed his LOI.  State Champion in 100, 200, 4x1, 4x2.

i have an issue with some of these post. yeah our team is really struggling. yeah they don't compare to some of the teams of the past. the music thing happened but it was quickly taken care of. as far as our school going downhill fast, not even close. as a guy who has been in the building since the first day it opened,i can tell you it has never been better. not even close.

LOL

I can guarantee your "sign of the times" will not be happening at MJ, EVER.

You usually have pretty good insight MJGB, but this time you are WAY off.

Forcing the wants of a small segment of the population on the vast majority has become a major problem in our society and will cause our downfall.

Don Weathers phone would explode if that crap was played at MJ. You know it. I know it.

I couldn't agree more !

So i have read the posts in this thread and both sides have valid points. Times have changed and the world is different than yesterday. Cultures, expectations, beliefs and ideals are all different today. We are defintely a mixing pot compared to our parent's day. With all that said everything that happens at the school is in some form a reflection of the school. Like it or not. That doesn't mean the entire school is full of horrible people. Because it is NOT! It was said that the music was turned off quickly. So someone realized it was at least in poor taste to play it. But why is it ok now to be vulgar and offensive? When just a short time ago it wasn't? what changed to make behavior like that ok? Because some individual one day decided it was ok? It's ok to act that way because negative influences exist? And just because my kid has heard it from someone else or even myself (because I am certainly guilty of saying somethings I shouldn't) doesn't make it right for my kid or myself to say it or to be that way. Out of curiosity would that type of music/behavior be braodcasted during the morning announcements to hype the students up for the school day? Would that be tolerated? If not then why would it be ok to be played for the students/players to hype them up for a game? Again this isnt an attack by any means but this post has gotten me to think a bit about why actions and words are ok today but they were not 5 to 10 years ago. And to ask what has made it ok. And the answer isn't "times have changed". Beliefs are based on standards. So I ask again what has changed?

Edited by milo118

So i have read the posts in this thread and both sides have valid points. Times have changed and the world is different than yesterday. Cultures, expectations, beliefs and ideals are all different today. We are defintely a mixing pot compared to our parent's day. With all that said everything that happens at the school is in some form a reflection of the school. Like it or not. That doesn't mean the entire school is full of horrible people. Because it is NOT! It was said that the music was turned off quickly. So someone realized it was at least in poor taste to play it. But why is it ok now to be vulgar and offensive? When just a short time ago it wasn't? what changed to make behavior like that ok? Because some individual one day decided it was ok? It's ok to act that way because negative influences exist? And just because my kid has heard it from someone else or even myself (because I am certainly guilty of saying somethings I shouldn't) doesn't make it right for my kid or myself to say it or to be that way. Out of curiosity would that type of music/behavior be braodcasted during the morning announcements to hype the students up for the school day? Would that be tolerated? If not then why would it be ok to be played for the students/players to hype them up for a game? Again this isnt an attack by any means but this post has gotten me to think a bit about why actions and words are ok today but they were not 5 to 10 years ago. And to ask what has made it ok. And the answer isn't "times have changed". Beliefs are based on standards. So I ask again what has changed?

It's hard to get this conversation started up with the average age of posters being in there mid 40's and having a very conservative background. It is what it is. I like rap/hip hop, I've grown up with it, a lot of older people hate it. Sure Antioch doesn't have to play super explicit stuff, but then again no one wants to hear Tom Petty, Bob Dylan, or the next new Country sensation as their pregame warmup music. This is my last statement about this topic I'm getting back to football, but Antioch and whoever else... Please feel free to play anything you want, maybe stick to the censored version for our SENSITIVE audience... Lord knows we don't want anyone having a heartattack hearing cuss words.

Edited by MJGOLDENBEARS

It's hard to get this conversation started up with the average age of posters being in there mid 40's and having a very conservative background. It is what it is. I like rap/hip hop, I've grown up with it, a lot of older people hate it. Sure Antioch doesn't have to play super explicit stuff, but then again no one wants to hear Tom Petty, Bob Dylan, or the next new Country sensation as their pregame warmup music. This is my last statement about this topic I'm getting back to football, but Antioch and whoever else... Please feel free to play anything you want, maybe stick to the censored version for our SENSITIVE audience... Lord knows we don't want anyone having a heartattack hearing cuss words.

I do not think the Lord wants to hear cuss words at all.

Good post Milo and hardtackle.  Getting back to football, both schools will be in the playoffs and both will more than likely lose their one playoff game.  Is there anything at either school to build on or will one or both be looking for new head coaches? I am not sure about Harp.  It appears from the outside that Lebanon may have at least improved somewhat.  I think Hall stays at Antioch since he has only been there one year but going 0-11 has to be frustrating.  Thoughts?