William Blount @ Hardin Valley

Governm

Yeah but there have been rumors since day 1. How many came on here and said Shad would never coach a game here? Yet here he is coaching at WB. :huh:

I never said that.I figured he would be at WB until he found out that is wasnt going to be a easy as he thought.After next yr the cupboard is bare.Im sure his expectations havnt been met and a good coach wont let his reputation be tarnished for too long.I dont know if the rumors are true like i said i thought it was a joke.Then i sit and think about it what does he have for the future at WB??You seem to know more than most.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never said that.I figured he would be at WB until he found out that is wasnt going to be a easy as he thought.After next yr the cupboard is bare.Im sure his expectations havnt been met and a good coach wont let his reputation be tarnished for too long.I dont know if the rumors are true like i said i thought it was a joke.Then i sit and think about it what does he have for the future at WB??You seem to know more than most.

Well I thought the same thing about Hammontree but he's still at Heritage. Look at what he has done over there by getting the athletes from other sports to come out for football. I think that's what will happen here and I've heard that there are some young basketball players that could really help out on the football team. It only takes one successful year to get kids excited and wanting to come out and play in droves and if they have a good year next year (like I think they will) you will start to see the ball rolling in the right direction. Edited by Governors91

They are being stupid. They are referring to someone on coacht. I specifically remember seeing one of the Maryville posters saying they were from Nolensville. This came up when they played Ravenwood last year.

I'm not being stupid. There was a fellow who lives in Nolensville, TN (Williamson County) sitting right next to me. He is not on Coach T (that I know of). Nolensville is currently Ravenwood territory. The new Nolensville High School opens in the fall of 2016.

I didn't just throw that out there blindly either.

There is something going on...Shad already blaming either circumstances or players for his shortcomings thus far.  

(see post game comments this year and Stork's interview last week)

Where are all these RuCo water carriers that were telling us he was the second coming of Lombardi now??

You couldn't find them with a search warrant.

Shad has talked about depth and just a lack of effort. I'm sure that depth is part of it but I tend to believe the biggest issue is effort. At times I have seen this team play really hard but you can still see some guys taking plays off. I think Shad is a good coach and has had the kids in situations to win games but they haven't held up their end of the deal yet. Shad didn't fumble the ball, muff that punt, or get that penalty inside the 10 that killed a drive against Bearden and costed us the game. Just look at the Maryville game. WB had opportunities to put points on the board but gave up too many negative plays at critical moments. And I thought he drew up a great play to score right before halftime but the kids just didn't execute. As far as I'm concerned Shad has done his part and now its time for the kids to go out and put it in practice for 4 qtrs. Let's see what they do against HVA and Bradley.

I didn't just throw that out there blindly either.

There is something going on...Shad already blaming either circumstances or players for his shortcomings thus far.

(see post game comments this year and Stork's interview last week)

Where are all these RuCo water carriers that were telling us he was the second coming of Lombardi now??

You couldn't find them with a search warrant.

If the kids don't buy in, it doesn't matter who is coaching. You don't win over 180 games by accident. Anyone that thought WB was going to instantly compete for 7-8 wins has got their heads in the clouds. It's going to be a 4-5 year project, and that's if the kids commit.

If the kids don't buy in, it doesn't matter who is coaching. You don't win over 180 games by accident. Anyone that thought WB was going to instantly compete for 7-8 wins has got their heads in the clouds. It's going to be a 4-5 year project, and that's if the kids commit.

Not to mention competing for talent against the Alcoa's and Maryville's of the world. With that said.... Big Freakin' Shad Daddy.

...and there you go.

It's the kids fault, and they may (probably) have a coach that won't commit to 4-5 years.

I'm saying its a two-way street. If both sides aren't committed, wins aren't going to happen. This isn't college, the kids don't get to choose who is their coach. What they do get to choose is to commit to a cause bigger than yourself

Shad has talked about depth and just a lack of effort. I'm sure that depth is part of it but I tend to believe the biggest issue is effort. At times I have seen this team play really hard but you can still see some guys taking plays off. I think Shad is a good coach and has had the kids in situations to win games but they haven't held up their end of the deal yet. Shad didn't fumble the ball, muff that punt, or get that penalty inside the 10 that killed a drive against Bearden and costed us the game. Just look at the Maryville game. WB had opportunities to put points on the board but gave up too many negative plays at critical moments. And I thought he drew up a great play to score right before halftime but the kids just didn't execute. As far as I'm concerned Shad has done his part and now its time for the kids to go out and put it in practice for 4 qtrs. Let's see what they do against HVA and Bradley.

There wasn't many WB fans at this game as in the past. That can have a bearing on a team also. If your a fan you have to take the bad with the good. This program will take some time to rebuild. One positive note is that Shad has been here a season and familiar with the kids and the program and I'm sure he will do everything in his power to get this on track this winter. This isn't his first rodeo so give him time. Also that was a great play before half but the kid dropped it but that happens but the message was he found a crack in the armor and went for it. Many Maryville fans would have loved for the kid to have caught that also believe it or not.

I went to Hardee's Saturday Morning and someone was talking to me about the punter that was on one knee then got up and punted the ball and one of the Old Farts that hates Maryville for everything they can think of ask me if I feel good about myself supporting a bunch that like to beat the living $### out of their neighbor. He went on and on and told me teams need to quit playing us and all that would stop. He went on with the players from the county going to Maryville and by the time he was through he was almost shouting across the place. I had to get the poor old feller calmed down before he had a flipping heart attack. Unbelievable Funny as it was there are people out there that feed off of nonsense and go out in public and show their #### and tell stories that aren't true and guess at the rest of it.