6AAA Girls

Nortney

Congratulations to the 2 District Coach of the Year winners. Mindy Odom (Cookeville) & Michael Dodgen (White Co). Both are very well deserving, however I wonder why they didn't give it to the Coach at (Cumberland Co)? They went 10-0 in district games. Oh well.

Also Congratulations to all of the players named to the All District Team. Lots of really good players in the district this year. Looking forward an exciting tournament.

I'm picking Cookeville to win, for several reasons. 1.) They are playing on thier home court & they shoot it well at home 2.) They play the most physical brand of basketball out of all the district teams. However, White Co can play physical too. Should be a really good semi-final game. 3.) They are well coached & usually don't beat themselves. They are a patient and very efficient offense team. 4.) They played Cumberland Co. super close both games in the regular season. It's really hard to beat a good team 3 times in a season. And Cumberland Co. is going to be without their All-District point guard.

1st - Cookeville

2nd- Cumberland

3rd- White

4th- Stone

How does everyone else see it shaking out?

Shout out to the WC Lady Pioneers for a great effort last night. Yes, they are a better team than their record shows, but that's the way the ball bounces. Finished with the 8th toughest schedule in the state. Dedicated bunch and wish all the seniors the best. Good luck to the 6AAA teams that advance to the region and hopefully beyond.

Congratulations to Cookeville and Cumberland on their wins tonight. Should be an exciting Championship game on Monday night. White vs Stone should be a pretty good Consolation game as well. I think either team could win either game. But I'm sticking with Cookeville and White to win close ones.

On a side note, after watching Cumberland Co coach tonight on the side line. I can see why the other district coaches didn't vote her coach of the year. Her sideline behavior was very poor and I can see why she is not well respected within the district if she acts like that every night. Just my own observation.