6AAA Girls

Nortney

Good luck to Coach Dodgen and the Warriorettes against Mcminn Co . Has for going to the state from 6aaa , forget it . As long as Murfressboro teams keep loading up every year , sub-state is the end . That is unless we get players that go to at least mid-major colleges . By the way , Bellah Taylor averages 14 points a game for Sewannee , not 25 . One of my favorite players of all time .

Edited by summit

Sparta had way more talent the last few years than this year. Aside from 3 of the starters this year, not a single one of them was ever on the floor last year. Haley did a fantastic job with what he had. Dodgen does a fantastic job with what he has. if the talent levels between this year and last year were the same you could compare them. But they aren't. It makes no sense that a few of you are on here trying to make Dodgen look bad and make Haley look like he could take this team to state. Dodgen has gotten as much out of that team as any coach could. Haley quit to focus on other things so quit bringing him into this. You anti-dodgen guys need to either get on the band wagon or stay at home. Also, if you do come to the games and are nice to Dodgen then you get home and trash him on here that makes you spineless. No one trashed Haley and no one should. But the same rules apply for the new coach.

White Co lost to Mcminn Co 49 to 47 to end their season . I think we were the better team , just couldn't get it going . Didn't shot well and made to many turnovers . Got ahead in third quarter by 9 and then made 4 or 5 sraight turnovers and wind up behind by 3 starting the fourth . Tied the game with 12 seconds left and then fouled with 5 seconds left and they made both . Proud of this team and coach Dodgen .Some times the best team loses , and i think that's the case to night .

White Co lost to Mcminn Co 49 to 47 to end their season . I think we were the better team , just couldn't get it going . Didn't shot well and made to many turnovers . Got ahead in third quarter by 9 and then made 4 or 5 sraight turnovers and wind up behind by 3 starting the fourth . Tied the game with 12 seconds left and then fouled with 5 seconds left and they made both . Proud of this team and coach Dodgen .Some times the best team loses , and i think that's the case to night .

I was there as a McMinn fan, and I think you summarized it quite well. I kept telling my spouse and others sitting around us that White Co. was trying their best to give the game to McMinn, but McMinn refused to take it. Neither team shot well, but that could be attributed to good defense on both sides. I think the maturing and improvement of McMinn's freshmen and sophomore starters (4) since the first meeting was perhaps something White County's players weren't expecting.  I'm sure Coach Dodgen warned his players to forget the 25 point blowout in December at Sparta, but sometimes players don't grasp that until it's too late.

How is the White County starter who got hurt in the first minute of the game?  I hope it wasn't a serious knee injury.  I'm sure her not playing had a bearing on their play.