6AAA Girls

Nortney

I believe that's a couple games farther than either white county team. Just an observation

. White Co boys made it to the State last year. Should be going this year, but they had 1 bad game on the wrong night. They could have beat Bradley Co 8 out of 10 times this year. Cumberland girls would have had a chance to beat SC in Crossville. They have Zero chance to win at against Riverdale in Murfreesboro, especially without their starting point guard. Cumberland had a good season and They will reload and continue to be the best team in this district for several more years.

Congratulations to cchs on an unbelievable effort under incredibly difficult playing conditions. I was at that game. Cchs was down by 10 in the third. Made a little run at the end of three to cut it to 6. Then the officials took over. Cchs was whistled for more than twice as many fouls as Riverdale. With the game still close, cchs was called for a technical because the coach asked how a player rebounding a ball fouled the player riding her back. But 5 minutes later after a foul call on his player, the Riverdale coach yelled an obscenity at the ref loud enough that I clearly heard what he said,with no response from an official. That game should be an embarrassment to the tssaa for the quality of officiating at a game this late in the year. And as a final classless act, riverdales coach called time out with 9 seconds left in the game. As far as 7aaa being so strong, I have no doubt cchs or Bradley on a level playing field can play with any of them.

And to "summit", maybe you should watch some of the games you comment on, instead of disrespecting a team because they beat you twice this year. I've seen several of the games you've commented on this year, and it's obvious you weren't there, and if you were , you are delusional.

Congratulations to cchs on an unbelievable effort under incredibly difficult playing conditions. I was at that game. Cchs was down by 10 in the third. Made a little run at the end of three to cut it to 6. Then the officials took over. Cchs was whistled for more than twice as many fouls as Riverdale. With the game still close, cchs was called for a technical because the coach asked how a player rebounding a ball fouled the player riding her back. But 5 minutes later after a foul call on his player, the Riverdale coach yelled an obscenity at the ref loud enough that I clearly heard what he said,with no response from an official. That game should be an embarrassment to the tssaa for the quality of officiating at a game this late in the year. And as a final classless act, riverdales coach called time out with 9 seconds left in the game. As far as 7aaa being so strong, I have no doubt cchs or Bradley on a level playing field can play with any of them.

And to "summit", maybe you should watch some of the games you comment on, instead of disrespecting a team because they beat you twice this year. I've seen several of the games you've commented on this year, and it's obvious you weren't there, and if you were , you are delusional.

12805841_10153882988560359_1837520759908

Um.....were we at the same game????  :rolleyes:   You say that Cumberland Co was charged with twice the amount of fouls as Riverdale and y'all got worked on by the refs???  Tell the truth....they were BOTH in double bonus at the end... <_< Getting beat 76-56 is not being able to play with Riverdale.  CCHS was down by 10 at the half, and both teams were in the bonus.  Riverdale beat Cumberland Co right before the season began in November at a play date by 20+ at MTCS, and gave you another thrashing by 20+ in the summer at MTSU, so I guess in your eyes, those as well weren't equal playing fields.  You were lucky it wasn't worse last nite because our 3pt shot was WAY off and the game had to be won in the paint.  A game is 4 full quarters...not 3.  You were actually beaten by 22 pts, but your girl was allowed to take the ball in for a score in the last sec of the game with no contest.....so you got beat by 20 pts on paper.   Cumberland Co would not be a top 4 program in 7-AAA...more than likely 5th, which is the bottom half.  Bradley Central could play with 7-AAA this year, but not CCHS.  At one time in the third quarter, the foul distribution was 7 against Riverdale, 1 against Cumberland Co, so saying the "refs took over" and that CCHS could play if they had a level field is hogwash.  Fouls for both sides in the first half were equally crazy.  Your coach was T'd up bc she was screaming at the refs and jumping up and down like a mad woman bc she lost Isles, her top player and she knew that CCHS was done without her.  I watched it across the court.  As for the Riverdale coach yelling obscenities, that is highly unlikely, bc the principal was a few feet away.  Riverdale slowed the ball down and that is when your foul totals started adding up bc you had to find a way to get the ball.  Believe me...we Riverdale fans were equally mad at the refs.  It was a crazy amount of fouls called on both sides.  A lot of ticky tack calls during the game, but that is part of it.  You have to play through.  Believe me, Riverdale gets it bad in most every gym they play in concerning strange calls., so we are used to it.  The reason why it didn't effect us like most teams, is most teams get very shallow after the starters.  Riverdale plays 10-11 players and it is hard to get them in foul trouble.  Concerning 3 of your players fouling out, Isles did at the start of the 4th, and the other two fouled out at the end of the game, so it isn't like you played the whole 4th without your starters.  You probably didn't keep up with Riverdale, but three of our starters had 4 fouls too.

I do congratulate Cumberland Co on a great season.  Definitely a top 10 program in the state.

So I'm assuming all the free throws shot by Riverdale were just jump shots while the clock was stopped? Cchs had 3 players foul out, the rest had at least two. Cchs girls were pushed, hacked, slapped, and held all night. All those girls want is a fair shake, nothing more. And there is nothing you can say to justify a time out with 9 seconds left in a 20 point game. So don't criticize coach Miller for protesting a foul called on a player, who had a player climbing her back. You can get back to me on the total number of free throws shot by both teams.