Blackman apologizes to Warren County for sign

Blaze45

If they think a sign from Blackman was hurtful. They travel to Blount county Friday to get absolutely embarrassed in a game that will be over at the half. They think their feelings were hurt from a sign, wait until Friday night at Maryville High School.

It was over just as soon vs Blackman.

They know what's probably coming. But they're gonna come do this.

Remember, it's not the players that complained about the sign, it was the parents.

The players just want to play football.

Edited by THE SQUAD

very well said pep... i can attribute every success i have had in my life to my high school coaches and team mates......i still call them "Coach" when i see them

Me too JJ !! 

Notredame , oh that name gives quite a few a headache ... I'm sure sooner or later they'll take that too . 

In addition to being the starting QB for the John Sevier (Maryville) Baby Vols, PepVol was an accomplished filmmaker. Here he is starring in one of his early productions shot on 8mm film.

Oh , how did I miss this !! Man I just wish those Royalty Checks would start coming to the right Address !! Aw well you know how the Post Office is !!  :mrgreen:

Times have changed.I remember when DB's cheerleaders ,band students "whoever" sent a tape  " supposedly" with cheers and band music telling us at Greeneville how they were going to kick our azz and what a crap school we were.I don't know who made it but I do know it was played all week for players to hear. You know what, the coaches used it for motivation .If your wondering,DB still kicked our azz  .Those things are nothing like what I seen as a  player on the road in the 70's at a couple places.We had black players get down on the floor of the bus as we  got to one town.I still remember thinking,what the hail.It didn't take long to see they had good reason.During the game, grown men are standing behind us drinking liquor and cursing us and trying to pick a fight and calling us "N" lovers .One of their bastrd sons spit in my face and another bit me during the game.I got some good shots in but when it came time to leave and rocks were being thrown at the bus, my black friends had some company on the bus floor.Now,that's something to complain about.A player from the generation ahead of me said that was nothing,you should have seen our coach walk over and knock out one of their fans .Someone gave him a knife when the brawl started in case their fans got passed us during the fight !

I been to a few places like that. Players had to leave their helmet on.

Thirty eight years ago when Heritage and Maryville played their first game ever there was a sign made from the cardboard that a casket came it that folded up four ways with a big birdie finger on the big side of the sign that said "Get The Point Heritage". That sign was displayed every time Maryville did something good on the field. I can imagine in today's world of PC that would get someone life in prison.