Columbia Academy @ South Pittsburg for 3rd Round

rlh

Let's see, CA beat region 3 opponents worse than SP did.  But SP beat region 4 opponents worse than CA did.  So comparing scores goes out the window.  I would rather look at coach Helton's analysis a few pages back.  He'd have a better view than the rest of us since he has had to prepare for and play against each team. 

Also, congrats to coach Helton.  First coach that has taken Whitwell to the playoffs in back to back seasons since Possum was coaching them.

question for Ambassador and any others. With UC out of the mix are you still predicting west to mercy rule the east in 1A?

It might not be a mercy rule, but I still hold to my thoughts that the west is much better than the east. Obviously, NCS, Dresden and Peabody are all very good. In the preseason my pick was NCS. They only lost 1-2 starters from last season, but during the season Union City looked good. The way NCS thoroughly dominated Huntingdon was nothing short of impressive. If a team from the east can keep a game within 21 of the west representative then they have done a great job.

I have heard CA is a very good team and that So Pitt is coming on here down the stretch.  I bet they both feel good about their chances.  CA offense is very hard to stop with their ability to spread you out.  Pitt will have to be on their toes on defense.  Unless Grider can manufacture several turnovers to prevent CA scores, then the favorite should be CA.  I give Pitt a punchers chance though because Grider will prep them well for the task.  One other big key for the Pirates is they have to match points with CA or the sledding will pretty much be uphill all night.  Good luck to both teams.

Kazzy

I have heard CA is a very good team and that So Pitt is coming on here down the stretch.  I bet they both feel good about their chances.  CA offense is very hard to stop with their ability to spread you out.  Pitt will have to be on their toes on defense.  Unless Grider can manufacture several turnovers to prevent CA scores, then the favorite should be CA.  I give Pitt a punchers chance though because Grider will prep them well for the task.  One other big key for the Pirates is they have to match points with CA or the sledding will pretty much be uphill all night.  Good luck to both teams.

Kazzy

Fayetteville did a very good job of stopping them with their speed.....and did not come close to stopping us------this however, will be a very tough football game. Two great teams with two completely different styles---can't wait till Friday to see just how far along our young  Pirates have come. Win or lose, they have represented the Orange and Black and have restored tradition and pride to our Pirate Family.

Edited by piratetom

IF you pressure CA's Qb he will shrink in the pocket and throw up 50/50 balls;However, #1 catches most of those. Fayetteville limited #1 is why they had chances to win. City has an elite corner, I don't know if SP has anyone that can lock him down. SP will be able to run at will, it should be a great gsme.