Blaickmun att Mairvul

STARSNBARS

A poster saying Alcoa and Fulton could play with you guys Vs non stop bombardment about the greatest district in the Universe ever since 2009 ??? Well actually before 2009. Sensitive much ?

No not sensitive much at all. however the comment still holds true. There are a hand full of folks that want to argue the point that when we mention strength of schedule we get the ole "that means nothing, "we play tougher teams". "oh sure we are a bunch of cupcakes up here," quotes. yet whether you buy into it or not Region 2 was able to whip every team from region 1 that played them against this year. Now for what that is worth, it means nothing when talking about championships, but that goes for both sides of the fence. Truth is they didn't play us weren't going to play us. About as hypothetical as my Permian Panthers from the mid 80's could beat your Rebels from the 70's  why argue it. 

Maryville plays the best teams in east tn. it has proved to this point to be enough to reach their goals every year. this year is what all middle tn fans wanted. a chance for each of their top programs to knock off the rebels. so, lets take one game at time ruth co and may the best team win. get'em rebs! b45 are u getting game day jitters yet? mtf, probably already no who your pulling for but will ask anyway. would you like a rematch w/ the rebs or an all ruth co semi's.

No we are not jittery at all. Actually getting pretty excited.  We have a job to do, we either come in and do it or we don't. Believe me We RESPECT the Rebels, but we DON'T FEAR them. The umpteen billion championships have no bearing on what happens that night.We are not gong to play against heritage, history or tradition. We are playing against players who lift weights, work out and pour heart and sweat into a team that represents their town/school. No different than Blackman  All we can do is come give our best effort to be flawless and execute to our best ability.   If we do that -we have a chance. 

A poster saying Alcoa and Fulton could play with you guys Vs non stop bombardment about the greatest district in the Universe ever since 2009 ??? Well actually before 2009. Sensitive much ?

I'm sure some will eventually accuse me of being a Maryville sympathizer. But as someone who actually studies football in their spare time, its impossible not to admire Maryville

what has strength of schedule gotten for your region if a championship is the ultimate goal.

No not sensitive much at all. however the comment still holds true. There are a hand full of folks that want to argue the point that when we mention strength of schedule we get the ole "that means nothing, "we play tougher teams". "oh sure we are a bunch of cupcakes up here," quotes. yet whether you buy into it or not Region 2 was able to whip every team from region 1 that played them against this year. Now for what that is worth, it means nothing when talking about championships, but that goes for both sides of the fence. Truth is they didn't play us weren't going to play us. About as hypothetical as my Permian Panthers from the mid 80's could beat your Rebels from the 70's  why argue it.

No we are not jittery at all. Actually getting pretty excited.  We have a job to do, we either come in and do it or we don't. Believe me We RESPECT the Rebels, but we DON'T FEAR them. The umpteen billion championships have no bearing on what happens that night.We are not gong to play against heritage, history or tradition. We are playing against players who lift weights, work out and pour heart and sweat into a team that represents their town/school. No different than Blackman  All we can do is come give our best effort to be flawless and execute to our best ability.   If we do that -we have a chance.

im a parent of an ex rebel and for me this time of year was excitement and nervousness all in one. my son never showed any emotion just business as usual for him. not trying to imply anything about the blaze.

what has strength of schedule gotten for your region if a championship is the ultimate goal.

I believe that continual playing of stroner and better opponents( Clay chalkville  Hoover Tucker Ga) along with a strong regional opponents build better programs. Especially if you are a young team like most of our team is, it can only make you rise up and play better. 

im a parent of an ex rebel and for me this time of year was excitement and nervousness all in one. my son never showed any emotion just business as usual for him. not trying to imply anything about the blaze.

That is the same thing I get from my son after practice..I get excited watching them knock heads ...I ask how he thought it went..."ok" is what I get. They want to win, but they know what their task are... we will see if they can execute them or not

No we are not jittery at all. Actually getting pretty excited. We have a job to do, we either come in and do it or we don't. Believe me We RESPECT the Rebels, but we DON'T FEAR them. The umpteen billion championships have no bearing on what happens that night.We are not gong to play against heritage

I think you all beat Heritage. If you did I would pull for them because you all said something about pulling for the county!