Blaickmun att Mairvul

STARSNBARS

Don't know much about Blackman except they have a 2000 yd rusher. I know they will be athletic.

Maryville offense will be the best offense Blackman has seen since they played the team from Alabama. Dylan Hopkins is the ultimate duel threat quarterback. Runs around 4.5 to 4.6. Has a very good arm. Joel Hopkins (Dylan's brother),Jordan Ervin,Isiah Cobb and Michael Hall make up a deep RB corps. Hall may be hurt. All the RB have speed and run hard. TE is Blake Watson. He has stepped up big time. 3 really good wideouts. Kelby Brock is leading receiver in yards and Td's in Maryville history. Kelby runs precise routes and has good speed. Makes it look effortless. Brian Tillery is the fastest receiver on the team. Tough and strong. Christian Markham is the other receiver. Markham is quick as a cat. Online has got better each game.

Defense is very solid. Defensive line is good. They may not have a kid like Dylan Jackson but they play well. Matt Young has started at DE since he was a freshman. Trejuan Purty has played really well at the other end spot. Colton Murrell is a very strong guy at DT. A 400 lbs bencher. Blake Olivera and Jack Williams have played well at DT.TD Blackmon is as good as it gets at MLB. Tyler Zolinski and Dylan Delozier will knock your head off. Secondary is real solid. All those guys will hit you. Drake Martin,Josh Youkum,Hunter Townsend and Roman Nelson give their all every game.

Special teams have been good.

Gettin' baick two tha gaim.....Wood sumbodee compair Mr. Dowdy wif Mr. Davidson frum 2 yeer ago fer Blaickmun....???.... :popcorneater:

Dowdy is a little bit more agile, can get to the edge quicker. Davidson was a typical old school 3 yards and a cloud of dust guy. I think Dowdy is also a little bit more patient as a runner, allowing his OL to clear a lane.

Don't know much about Blackman except they have a 2000 yd rusher. I know they will be athletic.

Maryville offense will be the best offense Blackman has seen since they played the team from Alabama. Dylan Hopkins is the ultimate duel threat quarterback. Runs around 4.5 to 4.6. Has a very good arm. Joel Hopkins (Dylan's brother),Jordan Ervin,Isiah Cobb and Michael Hall make up a deep RB corps. Hall may be hurt. All the RB have speed and run hard. TE is Blake Watson. He has stepped up big time. 3 really good wideouts. Kelby Brock is leading receiver in yards and Td's in Maryville history. Kelby runs precise routes and has good speed. Makes it look effortless. Brian Tillery is the fastest receiver on the team. Tough and strong. Christian Markham is the other receiver. Markham is quick as a cat. Online has got better each game.

Defense is very solid. Defensive line is good. They may not have a kid like Dylan Jackson but they play well. Matt Young has started at DE since he was a freshman. Trejuan Purty has played really well at the other end spot. Colton Murrell is a very strong guy at DT. A 400 lbs bencher. Blake Olivera and Jack Williams have played well at DT.TD Blackmon is as good as it gets at MLB. Tyler Zolinski and Dylan Delozier will knock your head off. Secondary is real solid. All those guys will hit you. Drake Martin,Josh Youkum,Hunter Townsend and Roman Nelson give their all every game.

Special teams have been good.

I never was high on Dylan Jackson. However, I was very impressed with Richie Koons. He was a very big reason why Maryville won state, imo

I never was high on Dylan Jackson. However, I was very impressed with Richie Koons. He was a very big reason why Maryville won state, imo

Koons was the best DT in Maryville history in my opinion. Dylan made a lot of big plays for Maryville. The sack and safety at Oakland last year was huge. His biggest play ever was the int against Blackman in 2013. It turned the game around.

Edited by REBELRON

two state championships?? Heck, wasn't that back in the 70s? Did they call them state championships back then?

Yep 2 back in the 1870's ...right after the Civil War ... I'm one of them original Old School Rebels .... of course I'm not very politically correct in todays World .  :mrgreen: Thank God for that !

I grew up starting to watch Oakland football when 3-7, 2-8 was the norm, so just to be competeting for titles works for me. Give Coach Oliver a few years and he'll have that OL a well oiled machine year after year. You don't need me to tell ya how special, yet how fast those 10 years will go

MTF your last statement couldn't be any more true! Both my kids have been out a while now and their years in high school went in a blink of an eye! Savor this time blaze45 it will be over in a flash!