WHITEHAVEN VS RAVENWOOD

lasal2000

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had NO IDEA... WOW! See that's why people like me openly question the Offensive Coaching at times! They knew he was hurt... We should have had a game plan to Protect the young man. He looked like trash and I thought he was just bad but he was out there with a bad arm throwing the ball Down the field. If his arm was hurt there should have been more of a West Coast/Short/Quick passing game plan. But anyway. Water under the bridge. All will be forgiven if we get back to Cookeville B)

Well, you can't change your stripes at that stage of the season. He gave it the old college try. If you remember that game there were opportunities for him to run with it and he unchracteristically refused to take off with the ball. He probably didn't want to take a shot and feel all of the pain that would accompany getting hit. I'm sure the coaches did what they thought best.

Man, this game is going to be special.

KWC,

This was not the game I wanted. I didn't want to have to rent a car and leave Memphis LOL. I think I may ride out early if none of my guys want to roll with me. Otherwise I'll be waiting until 5 to hit the road jack. :motorbike:

I meant the team wants to play these guys again. I know th fans didn't want to travel. But, this is a shot at redemption. You don't think a lot of these guys wanted another shot @ RW?

I meant the team wants to play these guys again. I know th fans didn't want to travel. But, this is a shot at redemption. You don't think a lot of these guys wanted another shot @ RW?

With White Station being our biggest true local rival I would think the boys would have wanted that game just as bad but I can see how that good ole revenge thing could be the case. I just Remember how we did MJ those two years we met in the Semifinals... I'll leave it at that. My car rental has been secured. Now I got to see who rolling with me.

With White Station being our biggest true local rival I would think the boys would have wanted that game just as bad but I can see how that good ole revenge thing could be the case. I just Remember how we did MJ those two years we met in the Semifinals... I'll leave it at that. My car rental has been secured. Now I got to see who rolling with me.

I know what you mean. I've got the mode of transportation set. I'm lookin for a road dog to roll with me. My eldest would roll but he just got hired at FedEx so for right now I'm rollin' down I-40 solo. I'm going to pull out at about 3:30 ish. Give myself plenty of time to get there.

Edited by kwc

Ravenwood's offensive line is not that big compared to some of the others they have faced. They do have a tackle that is 6'7 260, but that is on the thin side for someone so tall. 

However, they are extremely strong, disciplined, and well conditioned. One Bartlett coach remarked at how dumbfounded he was that Ravenwood was able run the ball because they looked so small on film. 

I think it is a testament to all the programs that we have the same four teams battling it out again this year. Good luck traveling east and maybe it will be a competitive and safe game.

Ravenwood's offensive line is not that big compared to some of the others they have faced. They do have a tackle that is 6'7 260, but that is on the thin side for someone so tall. 

However, they are extremely strong, disciplined, and well conditioned. One Bartlett coach remarked at how dumbfounded he was that Ravenwood was able run the ball because they looked so small on film. 

I think it is a testament to all the programs that we have the same four teams battling it out again this year. Good luck traveling east and maybe it will be a competitive and safe game.

I watched the Overton playoff game last night. They do look small ish on the OLine with the exception of #60. Yall got some good looking TEs. You can tell the OLINE coach is on point. Against Nashville Overton I swear RW's line got movement on 85-90% of the run plays. The footwork of those dancing bears was lovely.

Edited by BlackHavenSenator

A 6'7 guy would make a 5'10 ,6'0 guy look small along with dark uniforms m...but I guess so. We not big up front either, we just play real physical. Size or not we gone have to dominate in the trenches. ..but moving Rodney to safety and puttin ike #31 at corner may be a better situation anyway. He is a good CB with solid skills..it won't be a fall off. Then we still can throw kerrick in the mix. We still good on D

I feel that our DLine needs to have that controlled aggression because all #23 needs in a little seam and he gone. #44 and #16 have to be stuffed off top. I'd rather #23 try to beat me around the corner instead of having the QB and lead back hitting it North and South. The Defense will be key but the Offense, as always in these Big Games, MUST be able to score 21+ points. If we don't get 21+ our chances of winning decrease tremendously. Now I do believe our D can hold RW IF need be but Homecooking is a real phenomenon. All it takes are a few timely 15 yard penalties and RW could have a gifted 14 points... I hope We go for 2 a couple of times in this game too. Be aggressive OC. I can't wait!