South Pittsburg 2016 boys (Griders team next year)

Roy Dillard

He is right about that group. The rich is getting richer within that class from what I was told. That us a good group, but they are still years away from contributing at the HS level. We've got a lot of work to do in the present before we worry about those kids coming up.

And you have to keep kids from jumping the fence.

And you have to keep kids from jumping the fence.

Yes, you do. I believe most of the time the kids or parents that are fence jumpers are one of two things. Either they feel their kid isn't good enough to be the star and receive a lot of playing time in a loaded class OR they are in a bad class that has always lost. On both accounts they sometime look for greener pastures.

If I had to guess I would say they will be better. Was this his first year back? I was in Florida last year.

Old Pirate is jest wondering, Possum, what in tarnation does you think about a feller taking a job as coach but refuses to send his son to a school system that feeds his family. Coach Tim Moore had a son that was a senior at his former employer & chatter is the son wanted to finish his senior year. That is acceptable by most but having a coach that doesn't feel the school system of which he is a large part is Not good enough for his son is a totally different animal. It is obvious the coach is a short timer and Not committed long term to the school or community. Recon some would tithe & support El Chopa Guzman if they thought he could help win some games!

Old Pirate is jest wondering, Possum, what in tarnation does you think about a feller taking a job as coach but refuses to send his son to a school system that feeds his family. Coach Tim Moore had a son that was a senior at his former employer & chatter is the son wanted to finish his senior year. That is acceptable by most but having a coach that doesn't feel the school system of which he is a large part is Not good enough for his son is a totally different animal. It is obvious the coach is a short timer and Not committed long term to the school or community. Recon some would tithe & support El Chopa Guzman if they thought he could help win some games!

I have no Idea what the situation is. What I would say when it comes to my kid I am going to do what's best for him or her, in my case, I have a daughter. She lives in Florida and is an excellent advanced clarinet player. If I was working at South Pittsburg, I would love for her to come and be at the school I worked at because I would be able to see her more. Not because it might make the band better. Although schools with great bands are usually good at everything else in the school, I Know that is strange coming from a football coach. Think about it. Anyway when it comes to a coaches family life and the decisions they make about their kids I try not to read to much into it.

• Upvote 1

Im sure thats what you are hoping for otherwise there are a lot of losses in your future. Im sure coach ross is going to have some good coaching oppourtunities out there. Tooot tooot......just scored again!!

Old Pirate ain't suffered a nary loss since back-n-the day. But OP well remembers the SOS chatter in the gymnasium about family being part of the school & community! Old Pirate does relish the day he vaults on you kinfolkes. Jest love seeing you fellers scury like rats to cheese!

He is right about that group. The rich is getting richer within that class from what I was told. That us a good group, but they are still years away from contributing at the HS level. We've got a lot of work to do in the present before we worry about those kids coming up.

SP just got one from us that will be a great player in HS. It was no surprise he went to sp because of family situation and I have no problem with it. I hated to lose him because he would contribute immediately. He played with my son and is a great kid and wish him nothing but success. Except for 1 game a year lol

SP just got one from us that will be a great player in HS. It was no surprise he went to sp because of family situation and I have no problem with it. I hated to lose him because he would contribute immediately. He played with my son and is a great kid and wish him nothing but success. Except for 1 game a year lol

Is he a 7th or 8th grader? He should be a very good player as well, Those two classes should be really good.