South Pittsburg 2016 boys (Griders team next year)

Roy Dillard

Transfers blah blah blah. Kids move around for many reasons like family or work. Some want to play for a proven winner in Coach Grider. Some want to win lots of games with chances at a gold ball. With Lodge getting so much national attention as one of the top companies in its field, and them talking about expanding nearly double the size they are now, some are sure to move in town. Remember they have the option to go to any school starting out in the county. If they choose SP, don't be a hater. Jasper High had 68 kids on their football team this past year to SP's 29. Hating on us getting a few kids with our numbers is pure jealousy and laughable. I welcome any and all transfers, athletes or not.

Transfers blah blah blah. Kids move around for many reasons like family or work. Some want to play for a proven winner in Coach Grider. Some want to win lots of games with chances at a gold ball. With Lodge getting so much national attention as one of the top companies in its field, and them talking about expanding nearly double the size they are now, some are sure to move in town. Remember they have the option to go to any school starting out in the county. If they choose SP, don't be a hater. Jasper High had 68 kids on their football team this past year to SP's 29. Hating on us getting a few kids with our numbers is pure jealousy and laughable. I welcome any and all transfers, athletes or not.

Lol....if i were grider i would partner up with the lodge, housing authority and whoever else i could to get transfers. Nothing wrong with that. Gone are the days when the pirates ooze talent at every position.

Lol....if i were grider i would partner up with the lodge, housing authority and whoever else i could to get transfers. Nothing wrong with that. Gone are the days when the pirates ooze talent at every position.

Those days were rare for 1A or 2A. However, we will be back at a more competing level regardless of transfers. You mean to tell me all your kids live in gamble subdivision or Tanya Lynn estates? Y'all have a housing authority, it used to be called town creek apartments lol. But seriously, I know Jasper is the county seat, but what is the town's actual population? Just curious Edited by PiRaTe._.MiKe

Those days were rare for 1A or 2A. However, we will be back at a more competing level regardless of transfers. You mean to tell me all your kids live in gamble subdivision or Tanya Lynn estates? Y'all have a housing authority, it used to be called town creek apartments lol. But seriously, I know Jasper is the county seat, but what is the town's actual population? Just curious

It seemed like it was that way for twenty years......lol. i have no idea what the population is, have to ask someone more knowledgeable than me.

Those days were rare for 1A or 2A. However, we will be back at a more competing level regardless of transfers. You mean to tell me all your kids live in gamble subdivision or Tanya Lynn estates? Y'all have a housing authority, it used to be called town creek apartments lol. But seriously, I know Jasper is the county seat, but what is the town's actual population? Just curious

Pirate Mike if I may ask you or anyone else that's affiliated with the Orange and Black.While I was at Cookeville this past weekend I talked to one of those people wearing purple and he was telling me and a couple others that the purple team was getting a lot of players that usually go to South Pitt.He was pretty adamant about it.I don't know so I was a little curious about it.Good luck in the off season!

lying lips what kind of mess is this? Is you taking a shot again like you did a few years ago at that Lofty lady housing authority? That Childress man would be real mad if Grider was recruiting. By the way we still waiting on your answers to old pirates questions. You think im joking but im not.

Pirate Mike if I may ask you or anyone else that's affiliated with the Orange and Black.While I was at Cookeville this past weekend I talked to one of those people wearing purple and he was telling me and a couple others that the purple team was getting a lot of players that usually go to South Pitt.He was pretty adamant about it.I don't know so I was a little curious about it.Good luck in the off season!

Old Pirate will gladly answer this question. South Pittsburg has had 2 high schools thru the years. In OP's day, SP High School & McReynolds High School. McReynolds school burnt and consolidation resulted. Now Richard Hardy is another k-12 school 1 1/2 miles away. Jasper lies in the middle of the county and has routinely got students from both ends of the county and several from Grundy county. Fact is if not for players from SP & Grundy the Warriors would have been terrible in several sports. Going back to the days of K Colquitte, Jasper had several that were not from Jasper and the Colquitte connection with Bridgeport (former head coach) resulted in key talent coming north. A huge disadvantage for SP has been the lack of available suitable building sites that seriously limited new homes. Jasper currently has 2 former SP players coaching football that possibly help pull some north. SP has benefited by some players that lived outside of SP but mostly came thru the little league programs. Edited by OLD PIRATE