Congratulations to the 2015 Mr. football winner-- Tee Higgins

Runswithknife

Boy did they ever get this one wrong.

Nate Johnson - 83 / 1,700 yds / 24 TD

Tee Higgins - 46 / 840 yds / 16 TD

I understand he may be in a run oriented offense but this was not even close. You all know good and well why Higgins won. And it wasn't because he had the better year.

Good job leaving out the fact that Higgins plays defense too. Both players had great years, its a shame either one had to lose

Good job leaving out the fact that Higgins plays defense too. Both players had great years, its a shame either one had to lose

Regardless, they got it wrong. The media, like they did last year in awarding Zach Stewart 1A Lineman over Alex Givens, cater to UT commits. They got that one wrong last year and they got this one wrong this year.

Oh, and Johnson also has about 300 return yards. All the defensive stats in the world will make Higgins the better player. 

This is NOT a slight at Higgins. This is a slight at the biased media that vote on these things. The media that all wear polos with power T's on their chests. 

Regardless, they got it wrong. The media, like they did last year in awarding Zach Stewart 1A Lineman over Alex Givens, cater to UT commits. They got that one wrong last year and they got this one wrong this year.

Oh, and Johnson also has about 300 return yards. All the defensive stats in the world will make Higgins the better player.

This is NOT a slight at Higgins. This is a slight at the biased media that vote on these things. The media that all wear polos with power T's on their chests.

You have media all over the state that vote on these things, not all or even close to all are loyal to UT. I hate it for Johnson I really do, but Higgins had just as good of a year and unlike Johnson, didn't have the benefit of playing alongside a great QB

Honestly I don't see how you can say one is more deserving than the other unless you saw both play

Edited by MidTennFootball

Higgins had a lot more than 300 yards in return yardage waaay more. Put Johnson in our offense with the QB we had and I doubt he has nearly the numbers.

This award is based on regular season performance, academics and character, a statewide panel of sportswriters selected the semi-finalists, finalists and award winners. That is what it says. These young men don't deserve this controversy, that they were nominated is a great honor. Can you imagine how they felt when the announcement screw up happened?

Let's quit letting our feelings get in the way of this award and be glad for all the young men.

I know both coaches and neither would condone this unsportsmanlike discussion.