Dobyns Bennett Athletics

34 days til spring ball.  About time!  Bigger , Stronger , Faster.     Defense starting to get some hype on the street.   Only lose one starter.   Should be half seniors at least.  Better days ahead. 

Have you got a depth chart on the starters and 2ed's  for both sides of the ball.Nothing is set in stone but I would like to know how many of the kids I've watched from way back that have a chance to start or atleast make some big plays this year.I figured more then one slot on defense would open up but I've not kept up .Should be a vast improvement over last year

Ben Foster (DE)  was the only senior starter from last year on defense.  I don't think a depth chart exists, and there will be shake ups and newly emerging players in spring ball.  Also , the off season program has been amped up 200% compared to past years.  Transfer Wadsworth broke DB squat record the first week he was there at 510.(was held by Hayworth).  He will be a force on Dline or DE.  Strong unit should be backers Roller, Buchanan, Phillips, and Jayne.  All starters last year, and all hardnosed kids.   

Ben Foster (DE)  was the only senior starter from last year on defense.  I don't think a depth chart exists, and there will be shake ups and newly emerging players in spring ball.  Also , the off season program has been amped up 200% compared to past years.  Transfer Wadsworth broke DB squat record the first week he was there at 510.(was held by Hayworth).  He will be a force on Dline or DE.  Strong unit should be backers Roller, Buchanan, Phillips, and Jayne.  All starters last year, and all hardnosed kids.   

Yep,great group of linebackers.Roller and Jayne I know more about then the other two.They are big hitters and give 100% on every play.Coach Holt will be missed

34 days til spring ball. About time! Bigger , Stronger , Faster. Defense starting to get some hype on the street. Only lose one starter. Should be half seniors at least. Better days ahead.

Let me get this straight...

Last years team was one of the worst in recent memory - to put it kindly. That team certainly featured one of the worst, if not the worst defense in program history.

And, you are talking about them getting some 'hype on the street'.

I love your sense of enthusiasm, but you should probably have your prescription checked. You are either taking too much, or not enough medication.

I am not worried about seniors, juniors, etc. I am more concerned about the coaches.

Edited by rolltriberoll

After almost a month of silence on this thread, I attempted to ignite a spark of positive, upbeat , enthusiasm toward spring ball.  And most have continued, which I appreciate greatly.  But as fate always has it, anytime someone tries to support the program, one of a few pseudo-fans chimes in with the  patented "coaches suck" post.  With all due respect, I wish the naysayers would start their own thread entitled "My therapist blames DB coaching for my condition" and let the positive , supportive, genuine fans of the program discuss the ins and outs of the team and the game without being rudely condemned. 

Concerning last year's defense, the ten underclassmen that started will almost all be seniors this year.  That team also faced at least three SEC level Qbs in Wallace, Copeland, and Hopkins.  Yes the team was down slightly, but the competition was WAY up.  I beg to differ that it was any worse than many of years ago.  I am hearing of better off-season work, maturity, and team chemistry, and remain optimistic that 2016 will be a great year for the tribe!

After almost a month of silence on this thread, I attempted to ignite a spark of positive, upbeat , enthusiasm toward spring ball.  And most have continued, which I appreciate greatly.  But as fate always has it, anytime someone tries to support the program, one of a few pseudo-fans chimes in with the  patented "coaches suck" post.  With all due respect, I wish the naysayers would start their own thread entitled "My therapist blames DB coaching for my condition" and let the positive , supportive, genuine fans of the program discuss the ins and outs of the team and the game without being rudely condemned. 

Concerning last year's defense, the ten underclassmen that started will almost all be seniors this year.  That team also faced at least three SEC level Qbs in Wallace, Copeland, and Hopkins.  Yes the team was down slightly, but the competition was WAY up.  I beg to differ that it was any worse than many of years ago.  I am hearing of better off-season work, maturity, and team chemistry, and remain optimistic that 2016 will be a great year for the tribe!

The team was down slightly? Slightly? Ok...

Worst record in how many years, and they probably should have lost to that powerhouse at Hardin Valley.

To be a 'genuine' fan do you have to be detached from reality?

I wouldn't question someone's loyalty towards the program only because their opinion differs from yours.

To be honest I consider myself a true fan. I have seen DB play basketball and football more time than I can count. I have made the two hour drive from West Knoxville to J. Fred many, many times. In recent years I have become very concerned about the direction of both basketball and football programs. I am not alone. I believe the teams won about 10 games between the two of them last season. And, yes , that is shocking.

Also, how does some one go from being an underclassman to a senior? Did they skip a grade? Last time I checked, an underclassman was either a freshman or a sophomore. Newsflash: everyone is playing underclassmen .

On a positive note, DB's track teams did very well at last weekend's Hardin Valley Invitational. Boys took first, and girls placed third. I think about 40 high schools had athletes at the meet.

Did everyone see that? I just became a 'genuine' DB fan.

......because you don't have to play defense in track & field.

Yep,great group of linebackers.Roller and Jayne I know more about then the other two.They are big hitters and give 100% on every play.Coach Holt will be missed

Amazing that  coach Holt will be gone considering he was the only "keeper" on defense. We must be in End Times.