Dobyns Bennett Athletics

Why is he gone? Did he resign/step down? Was he removed from the staff?

Anything I got was second hand but good enough for me.I won't share it because you never know what the future holds.I will say some things about coach Holt however.I seen that man several times at practice and football games very,very sick with Kidney stones but put his players and team ahead of his own health.Anyone who has been through that knows what kind of pain it is.Not only is he tough and what a linebacker coach should be like, he knows the game very well and is by far deserving of a head coaching job in football .He was one of my kids favorite coaches along with a couple more that I also think should  get a shot at the head coaching job somewhere.

Anything I got was second hand but good enough for me.I won't share it because you never know what the future holds.I will say some things about coach Holt however.I seen that man several times at practice and football games very,very sick with Kidney stones but put his players and team ahead of his own health.Anyone who has been through that knows what kind of pain it is.Not only is he tough and what a linebacker coach should be like, he knows the game very well and is by far deserving of a head coaching job in football .He was one of my kids favorite coaches along with a couple more that I also think should get a shot at the head coaching job somewhere.

Is he old enough to retire? Some Gate City folks are saying that an ex-Indian coach has applied for the GC head coach position. Also heard that Norris at SN had also applied.

Is he old enough to retire? Some Gate City folks are saying that an ex-Indian coach has applied for the GC head coach position. Also heard that Norris at SN had also applied.

I would expect that is the same person, as Norris was at DB for awhile coaching, before going to North.   My info says the Holt situation was a mutual thing.  The defensive staff needed a shakeup to show they were trying to improve, and he and his wife were ready for some downtime away from coaching.  The losers are the players who didn't get to train under him...

I would expect that is the same person, as Norris was at DB for awhile coaching, before going to North. My info says the Holt situation was a mutual thing. The defensive staff needed a shakeup to show they were trying to improve, and he and his wife were ready for some downtime away from coaching. The losers are the players who didn't get to train under him...

I remember that and honestly sort of expected Norris to go back to D-B after North closes but from what I understood they were talking about two different applicants. I don't think they are supposed to make a choice until mid to late May which would allow someone to finish out their contract at another school before taking over. Sorry to hijack the D-B thread with all this across the state line business! Edited by RebRaider85

I would expect that is the same person, as Norris was at DB for awhile coaching, before going to North.   My info says the Holt situation was a mutual thing.  The defensive staff needed a shakeup to show they were trying to improve, and he and his wife were ready for some downtime away from coaching.  The losers are the players who didn't get to train under him...

I can understand he and his wife wanting to step down for a while but I am confused as to why it was a mutual agreement. In my opinion, he had the best group on defense.

I can understand he and his wife wanting to step down for a while but I am confused as to why it was a mutual agreement. In my opinion, he had the best group on defense.

Not just opinion but fact. Will be interesting to see who replaces him. Every hire they have made in the past 15 years has been a backwards move so this should be fun to watch.

Well, there is an ad for the Kingsport City Schools Director of Athletics job in today's Knoxville News Sentinel.

The job is for a "systemwide" director who would oversee athletics both at the high school and middle school level.

This is certainly a move in the right direction. The has been a well documented problem with the coordination of the high school and middle school programs.

Well, there is an ad for the Kingsport City Schools Director of Athletics job in today's Knoxville News Sentinel.

The job is for a "systemwide" director who would oversee athletics both at the high school and middle school level.

This is certainly a move in the right direction. The has been a well documented problem with the coordination of the high school and middle school programs.

I wouldn't get my hopes up. The "Good ole' Boys" network will fill the position with a yes man/woman. Probably will be someone from Volunteer or Sullivan Central, or one of those power house Southwest Va. schools.