Dobyns Bennett Athletics

• 2 weeks later...

When are db's scrimmages and who are they scrimmaging?  thanks

Numbers are up this spring... 100+ student athletes for Football... which does not include next years Freshman. DB should have a bigger and stronger line. LB's are deepest position on the field. Most all skill positions are back. 

Scrimmage against South at South on Friday 05/13

107 days to home opener vs Tennessee Vikings

How's that band looking?  It sure is a long trip from Maryville just to see a halftime show.

Band is tough as always.  Untouchable like your team.  Have a system in place.  Play the same songs since elementary school.  And our director just outcoaches you.  I will send you the video, and save you the trip.

As for the Tribe team,  working hard .  Coaches going harder than I've seen here.  Oline bigger and should be solid.   Several big athletic prospects out there.  No doubt a better season ahead....

Band is tough as always.  Untouchable like your team.  Have a system in place.  Play the same songs since elementary school.  And our director just outcoaches you.  I will send you the video, and save you the trip.

As for the Tribe team,  working hard .  Coaches going harder than I've seen here.  Oline bigger and should be solid.   Several big athletic prospects out there.  No doubt a better season ahead....

Just wanted to see who would open the door and tell me how things were looking this year. Most of the time the comments are about the school being more focused on the band then the football program. Glad to hear positive things about the football team and do look forward to coming up there this fall. To be honest I never watch a halftime show because it's like being force fed something you don't want to eat but I will tell you I sure enjoyed watching your all's band and they are worth the price of admission alone.

Just wanted to see who would open the door and tell me how things were looking this year. Most of the time the comments are about the school being more focused on the band then the football program. Glad to hear positive things about the football team and do look forward to coming up there this fall. To be honest I never watch a halftime show because it's like being force fed something you don't want to eat but I will tell you I sure enjoyed watching your all's band and they are worth the price of admission alone.

Most who make comments about DB Sports, really have no idea whats going on. Glad to see JohnDeere on here. A couple of new assistant coaches to go along with some talent has got some excitement back at J. Fred. The Freshman coming in next fall is a good group... a look-a-like to Chris Sensabaugh will be a strong back for the future. 

Rumors of a few Indians moving to JC and playing for the Toppers. Can someone verify?

It's not a rumor. I'm not sure how many are transferring/have transferred already but I know one of them is a defensive end who will be a senior. And from what I heard this kid was a starter last year for the Indians.

Edited by TFL2001