Dobyns Bennett Athletics

DB wins 3-0 in Dolly's World !! Oak Ridge vs Tribe Saturday at Indian Highland (3 pm I think )

And yes Blazer your correct ...it is a win to get these football boys minds right going into fall after last seasons fallout !! Graham did have a family tragedy mid season and the way his mind has worked for 20+ years it probably affected some outcomes(pray for that family and I hope the kids are finding peace) !!! - but the way the d-backs were coached it probably affected the outcome even more - with the speed and experience back at the D back field there is no reason they should not have "some" of the best in conference , I just hope coaching has improved and hoping the experience of the players at least makes it easier for the d backs coach (it should) !!! But in a whole team prospective they should be much improved and Like The VOLS the last 3 years under Butch "6 wins is a win " - but I think they could squeeze 7 maybe 8 , at least beat the Hill - should have last year with a bad team ;) !!

DB wins 3-0 in Dolly's World !! Oak Ridge vs Tribe Saturday at Indian Highland (3 pm I think )

And yes Blazer your correct ...it is a win to get these football boys minds right going into fall after last seasons fallout !! Graham did have a family tragedy mid season and the way his mind has worked for 20+ years it probably affected some outcomes(pray for that family and I hope the kids are finding peace) !!! - but the way the d-backs were coached it probably affected the outcome even more - with the speed and experience back at the D back field there is no reason they should not have "some" of the best in conference , I just hope coaching has improved and hoping the experience of the players at least makes it easier for the d backs coach (it should) !!! But in a whole team prospective they should be much improved and Like The VOLS the last 3 years under Butch "6 wins is a win " - but I think they could squeeze 7 maybe 8 , at least beat the Hill - should have last year with a bad team ;) !!

Big Indian - you are right on. Last season - the Indians were 4-1 ... had beaten Sevier County on the Road (5A State Runner Up), was driving to beat a powerful Oak Ridge team in the last min. of the game... tragedy struck and the team didn't win another game. Nothing looked like DB Football until the effort to against the team for JC.

With a load of returning starters, including Maupin at QB - the Tribe will rise again

Team #96

Roll Tribe Roll 

Anyone know about this new AD for Kingsport City ???

Shively is a 1992 graduate of Dobyns-Bennett and obtained his Bachelor of Arts degree, with a major in history from the University of Tennessee in 1997. He earned his Master of Secondary Education degree from Milligan College in 1998.  During his 19-year career as a social studies and history teacher, he has also served as an assistant football and baseball coach at Shelbyville Central High School, assistant football and baseball coach at Science Hill High School, and head football coach at Happy Valley High School. Most recently, Shively has taught U.S. History and Government and served as an assistant football coach at Dobyns-Bennett.

The above was from the press release.  Coach Clark added him to the staff this spring, coaching running backs.  No idea if that position will stick, but I'm betting not.  Too much responsibility in this new job.  But if he can just clean up and restructure the feeder program at Robinson and Sevier, he will earn his wages.  That's been a problem for years, esp Robinson.

Edited by johndeere

The AD hire probably gave Graham a couple more years. From what I have been told the AD knows Graham very well. I was hoping they would hire someone with no connections to the coaches in the program. I have a hard time seeing Shively unless he has to. However, it will be interesting to see if Charlie survives if they have another bad season.

Edited by hssportsfanatic

However, it will be interesting to see if Charlie survives if they have another bad season.

For the life of me, I can't understand how he survived the season he just had.

I spoke to a former basketball player that played on one of those great teams from the early 2000s. He described the the current program as "terrible."