Region 2-1A

Remmij

OK......Oneida will play in Jamboree tonight against Stone Memorial before they open next week with Oakdale.  I won't make any predictions for a while since there are some many solid teams on their schedule, but I will say this from what I have seen so far.  We will compete with everyone and they have clearly improved since this spring.  The QB was very effective in the last scrimmage and his receiving group did a excellent job securing the ball.  At one point I think he was 8 for 9 passing for over 100 yards.  All the skill positions have good players in them and Bam Bam is back to close out his last rodeo with the Indians.....if he stays healthy, they will have a good chain mover.  Obviously, we will have to move things in the trenches and the group seems to be a lunch pail crew.  Losing a starting tackle (actually both graduate and injury) didn't do us any favor, but hey.... next man up, right?  We need to get off on the right foot next week at Oakdale and then have two solid football teams (Meigs and Kings) which will indicate how the road ahead will look.  Winning those games would certainly give us some momentum, but not sure how those will go.  I know every district game will be an effort this season and I been around too long to think we are good enough to win them all because there are too many good teams searching for the same thing. (I REALLY HOPE THE KIDS PROVE ME DEAD WRONG)  Good luck with tonight boys.....!  Git'er Done.....!

Kazanity

Harriman will be the sleeper this year, we will surprise some people and we will get surprised as well.

My prediction:

1.) Greenback

2.) Coalfield

3.) Harriman

4.) Oneida

5.) Midway

6.) Jellico

7.) Sunbright

Barring injuries this is how I would have the region playing out as well but I could see Harriman taking 2nd over coalfield.

OK......Oneida will play in Jamboree tonight against Stone Memorial before they open next week with Oakdale.  I won't make any predictions for a while since there are some many solid teams on their schedule, but I will say this from what I have seen so far.  We will compete with everyone and they have clearly improved since this spring.  The QB was very effective in the last scrimmage and his receiving group did a excellent job securing the ball.  At one point I think he was 8 for 9 passing for over 100 yards.  All the skill positions have good players in them and Bam Bam is back to close out his last rodeo with the Indians.....if he stays healthy, they will have a good chain mover.  Obviously, we will have to move things in the trenches and the group seems to be a lunch pail crew.  Losing a starting tackle (actually both graduate and injury) didn't do us any favor, but hey.... next man up, right?  We need to get off on the right foot next week at Oakdale and then have two solid football teams (Meigs and Kings) which will indicate how the road ahead will look.  Winning those games would certainly give us some momentum, but not sure how those will go.  I know every district game will be an effort this season and I been around too long to think we are good enough to win them all because there are too many good teams searching for the same thing. (I REALLY HOPE THE KIDS PROVE ME DEAD WRONG)  Good luck with tonight boys.....!  Git'er Done.....!

Kazanity

Thought Bam bam was a senior. Hope you fellers have a great season Kaz

Nope......the Human Ram is back for one more trip.  Truthfully, he was really running on one leg for most of the season last year with a foot injury that just never got enough time to heal.  He has looked fine this pre-season, as have some of the other backs.  If we can toss it around enough to keep defenses honest we will be just fine.  It really tough sledding when teams load up too many players in the box.  So far, our pass offense has been much more efficient with connecting to the receivers.  I assume because the QB is experienced and delivers a good ball.  His two long touchdowns in the scrimmage were right on the money.

Kaz

Nope......the Human Ram is back for one more trip.  Truthfully, he was really running on one leg for most of the season last year with a foot injury that just never got enough time to heal.  He has looked fine this pre-season, as have some of the other backs.  If we can toss it around enough to keep defenses honest we will be just fine.  It really tough sledding when teams load up too many players in the box.  So far, our pass offense has been much more efficient with connecting to the receivers.  I assume because the QB is experienced and delivers a good ball.  His two long touchdowns in the scrimmage were right on the money.

Kaz

Only have seen a few highlights, Spring vs Pre-season scrimmages and I've noticed just from a few plays the team is looking much better within that time frame The QB seems faster and more accurate his Senior year. Lawson can run, block and has good amount of speed especially for his size(Has he put on weight since Spring?), is running over people(Whitwell scrimmage -"ouch"). They have couple other backs that aren't huge but quick and their not afraid to make a block run or pass. Good WRs and OL. Did they lose an lineman to injury?  

Only have seen a few highlights, Spring vs Pre-season scrimmages and I've noticed just from a few plays the team is looking much better within that time frame The QB seems faster and more accurate his Senior year. Lawson can run, block and has good amount of speed especially for his size(Has he put on weight since Spring?), is running over people(Whitwell scrimmage -"ouch"). They have couple other backs that aren't huge but quick and their not afraid to make a block run or pass. Good WRs and OL. Did they lose an lineman to injury?

Lawson didn't really put on any weight but his lift numbers have improved a ton. He's thicker but not really any heavier. Yes we lost a very good lineman to a knee injury. Not sure on a time frame or a f he will be able to return this season. I do not think he is a senior but not certain. QB has really improved this off season, if he can get a couple Mississippi's he can put it where it needs to be. We just have a ton of inexperience right now, we're starting 7 new guys on each side of the ball. We only return a QB / DB, a FB / LB, a punter / WR / DB and I think one OL / DL. That's a lot of holes to plug but they're working hard on it. This bunch will out work last years bunch. That's saying something because last years team were about as hard working group as you could ask to have.