Riverdales Aydelott Resigns. New Era For Riverdale!

warrior82dad

Turning around or new direction, I want to see a new guy that can produce the following:

1. Get the kids back out and participating in football.

2. Develop players. It should be rare when the team relies on incoming freshmen and transfers to be competitive. It should always be next man up. Love transfers, they make your team better, but they should not be the only reason your team is competitive.

3. Get the facilities back up to a level that makes everyone proud.

4. Let freshmen be freshmen and sophomores be sophomores. Some will be good enough but it shouldn't be the result all the upper classmen leaving the program.

5. Hire the best available assistants. Embrace talented coaches don't be afraid of them.

6. Value strength and conditioning.

7. See #6

8. Promote the program. Promote the program and be creative.

9. Schedule to develop your team.

10. Embrace the Riverdale tradition.

I'm sure there are more and those aren't in any particular order.

I really hope Riverdale gets a good coach and I'm sure y'all will. I just hope you let the coach do his job and coach. As a fan be supportive and offer your time to do some of the things you mentioned in your list.

Turning around or new direction, I want to see a new guy that can produce the following:

1.  Get the kids back out and participating in football.

2.  Develop players.  It should be rare when the team relies on incoming freshmen and transfers to be competitive. It should always be next man up.  Love transfers, they make your team better, but they should not be the only reason your team is competitive.

3.  Get the facilities back up to a level that makes everyone proud.

4.  Let freshmen be freshmen and sophomores be sophomores.  Some will be good enough but it shouldn't be the result all the upper classmen leaving the program.

5.  Hire the best available assistants. Embrace talented coaches don't be afraid of them.

6.  Value strength and conditioning.

7.  See #6

8.  Promote the program. Promote the program and be creative.

9.  Schedule to develop your team.

10.  Embrace the Riverdale tradition.

I'm sure there are more and those aren't in any particular order.

I would only add see that somebody paints the 'Chief' statue again, and develop a dedicated Freshman Coaching staff again.

Working with the Christiana Middle school program would help both them and us eventually.

Some one should start a new positive post about the team.... This whole thing about parents making threats is old and quite frankly comical..... If someone threatened to leave a program if coaching changes aren't made then by all means go somewhere we're you will be happy....

am sure the new coach will bring multiple championships to the school immediately and be able to defend himself against assault while fending off a group of parents and player arhat want to move out of the region for greener pastures....

Some one should start a new positive post about the team.... This whole thing about parents making threats is old and quite frankly comical..... If someone threatened to leave a program if coaching changes aren't made then by all means go somewhere we're you will be happy....

am sure the new coach will bring multiple championships to the school immediately and be able to defend himself against assault while fending off a group of parents and player arhat want to move out of the region for greener pastures....

First off nobody is 'threatening' anybody.  Second, they did LEAVE.  At least two did that I know of.

Third, not even Bear Bryant could be expected to bring a championship to this program in their first three years, as it will take them that long to fix what was torn down over the last 10 years.  A REAL strength program is not an overnight thing.

Last I do not know you from Adam, but you sound like a bitter assistant that is worried about his job.  I hope I am wrong, but I would not bet against it.

This post is in direct line with the other threatening to leave one..... And no by all means I'm not a coach ...... Couldn't do it in today's politically correct climate where everyone gets a trophy or the parents blow a fit and demand action.... I don't know Adam either just know what it takes to raise a high school football player and truth be told it's not that hard as long as you instill humility,,,, hard work, discipline and stay out of his way....like unsaid start a new positive post which I won't since I have no dog in the hunt other than respect for what coaches in general put up with....no one can change as was in yesterday's news....

Peace ....... and best of luck to Riverdale....

This post is in direct line with the other threatening to leave one..... And no by all means I'm not a coach ...... Couldn't do it in today's politically correct climate where everyone gets a trophy or the parents blow a fit and demand action.... I don't know Adam either just know what it takes to raise a high school football player and truth be told it's not that hard as long as you instill humility,,,, hard work, discipline and stay out of his way....like i said start a new positive post which I won't since I have no dog in the hunt other than respect for what coaches in general put up with....no one can change as was in yesterday's news....

Peace ....... and best of luck to Riverdale....

Edited by TGUN