Riverdale hires Will Kriesky

adalum96

This post comes from a guy whose team is 15-18 in the past 3 years and who thanks the TSSAA every day for not putting his team in the region with the Mboro teams. MJ lost to a 4th place and 6th place team from 5-A last year who both return almost everybody. In addition TP had turned over almost his entire coaching staff in that 3 years. At least with Riverdale you have state championships and state finals appearances to look back at. With MJ you have nothing but 2 semi final appearances, nothing else.

Well looks like you're back at it spewing out garbage.... Needless to say you just attack MJ whenever they appear to be on the UP. A lot of positive things are going on within the program, whether you like it or not it's a fact. Mark my words on a 10 win or better season. After all, all that matters is the present and not the past. From 07-13 MJ was a good team year in and year out. I'm not here to talk about past tense. I'm not a psychic, neither are you. So BOB don't you have a child's television show to get back too? (Bob the builder)

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everything I said was fact, you cut and paste the same comments year after year If you don't win the excuse is no athletes, no speed, the old race card. If you were in your old district with the Bucs, Gallatin, Hendersonville, CR, and Hillsboro you would be in major trouble. Since this is a Riverdale thread good luck to Coach K.

Actually Riverdale has Buchanon, Christiana, and Rockvale Middle Schools as feeders. Granted, Rockvale is split between Riverdale and Blackman.

Whitworth-Buchanan is split 3 way. Kids who live north of John Bragg Highway go to Oakland High. Kids from Middle TN Blvd to downtown go to Siegel High. The remainder go to Riverdale.

Not all Oakland Middle kids go to Oakland. The Walter Hill area east of Hwy 231 is zoned Oakland Middle/Siegel High.

As noted there are exceptions. One of the interesting assertions in the research I read was that defensive guys can't seem to help meddling in the offense when they move up but that offensive guys have little interest in getting involved with defense.  They just hire someone to handle that.  I love Mcdaniel but thought his offenses were pretty bad...really his teams' only weakness.  Don't know about Hester.

Not the same for High School coaches. For example, Thomas McDaniel and Will Hester bot came up as defensive coaches as assistants, but as Head Coaches they both run their respective offenses. 

Thanks Riverdaleman.  Your comments carry a lot of weight since we all know how much you care about the program.

I like coach K. It has been my opinion that he is one of our better coaches on the staff. I am a little surprised that he got the job especially with 50 applicants. I am sure the vision he gave to Mr Nolan was one he really liked. I have talked to him personally about some of the issues that I had seen. He convinced me ( I know that means little) that he will make the necessary changes to put us back on top. Before he had interviewed for the job he was recruiting the halls. I mentioned a particular kid to him and he had ALREADY talked to him. I hope he cleans house finds the right coordinators to help gets things the way they should be. We have the talent. I truly believe the support will come back and increase now. Please give him a chance come and watch practices and see if the practices are run right and let's see if our coaching staff will now do film study with the players so they will be prepared for what our opponents are going to do.
GO WARRIORS

So much of this is incorrect...

1. Riverdale's enrollment is quite a bit lower than Blackman, Oakland or Smyrna.

2. Riverdale isn't the only HS with 2 feeder schools.

3. Yes, Riverdale has more state championships than any other county school, but they all happened in the Rankin era. Oakland has state championships in 3 different decades with 3 different coaches. Smyrna won back to back 5A titles and has come the closest to knocking off Maryville in 6A.

Not sure where your getting your number but here are the released numbers from RCS.

Blackman 2375 Lavergne 2128  Oakland 1911 Riverdale 2023 siegel 1870 Smyrna 1987 Summit 1837. As for the feeder schools Riverdale feeds from Buchanan and Christiana, both with good football programs and soon to be part of Rockvale. The big difference is since the rezoning Riverdale has the largest area available for new home construction where areas like Blackman and Smyna are becoming saturated so as the county grows so will Riverdale. And the last Time I checked Smyrna hasn't done anything since the Shad run...

I like coach K. It has been my opinion that he is one of our better coaches on the staff. I am a little surprised that he got the job especially with 50 applicants. I am sure the vision he gave to Mr Nolan was one he really liked. I have talked to him personally about some of the issues that I had seen. He convinced me ( I know that means little) that he will make the necessary changes to put us back on top. Before he had interviewed for the job he was recruiting the halls. I mentioned a particular kid to him and he had ALREADY talked to him. I hope he cleans house finds the right coordinators to help gets things the way they should be. We have the talent. I truly believe the support will come back and increase now. Please give him a chance come and watch practices and see if the practices are run right and let's see if our coaching staff will now do film study with the players so they will be prepared for what our opponents are going to do.

GO WARRIORS

I like coach K also but im doubting they will give him free reign to clean house and make the changes on the staff. Lets just hope he can turn around the player development program and get these kids ready to player on all levels..

Actually Riverdale has Buchanon, Christiana, and Rockvale Middle Schools as feeders. Granted, Rockvale is split between Riverdale and Blackman.

Riverdale -Christiana, Buchanan, Rockvale

Oakland- Buchanan Oakland middle, Siegel middle

Siegel-Siegel middle, Oakland middle, Buchanan

Blackman - Blackman middle Stewart's creek and Rockvale

Not sure where your getting your number but here are the released numbers from RCS.

Blackman 2375 Lavergne 2128  Oakland 1911 Riverdale 2023 siegel 1870 Smyrna 1987 Summit 1837. As for the feeder schools Riverdale feeds from Buchanan and Christiana, both with good football programs and soon to be part of Rockvale. The big difference is since the rezoning Riverdale has the largest area available for new home construction where areas like Blackman and Smyna are becoming saturated so as the county grows so will Riverdale. And the last Time I checked Smyrna hasn't done anything since the Shad run...

Here are the figures reported to the state on the 10th day of school this year...

Blackman 1989

Oakland 1928

Riverdale 1894

LaVergne 1831

Smyrna 1811

Siegel 1773

Stewarts Creek 1380 (will dramatically increase next year as they will have their 1st true Senior Class)

*no clue about Summit as it's a Williamson Co school

As far as growth in your area... Rockvale High School will be online by 2019 or 2020 and it's going to have a substantial affect on Blackman and Riverdale zones. 

As far as largest available land... have you ever been to the north side of the county? Both Oakland and Siegel have the potential to explode with all the open land in Lascassas, Leanna & Walter Hill. The difference is no additional high schools are planned for the north side. 

Edited by GoPats2019

Here are the figures reported to the state on the 10th day of school this year...

Blackman 1989

Oakland 1928

Riverdale 1894

LaVergne 1831

Smyrna 1811

Siegel 1773

Stewarts Creek 1380 (will dramatically increase next year as they will have their 1st true Senior Class)

*no clue about Summit as it's a Williamson Co school

As far as growth in your area... Rockvale High School will be online by 2019 or 2020 and it's going to have a substantial affect on Blackman and Riverdale zones. 

As far as largest available land... have you ever been to the north side of the county? Both Oakland and Siegel have the potential to explode with all the open land in Lascassas, Leanna & Walter Hill. The difference is no additional high schools are planned for the north side. 

Your right that the north side has land but its not yet zoned residential. its mainly commercial and farm land that families for decades aren't willing to give up and lets face it..no one wants to live near the dump...

Your right that the north side has land but its not yet zoned residential. its mainly commercial and farm land that families for decades aren't willing to give up and lets face it..no one wants to live near the dump...

Maybe not near the landfill, but other areas are very desirable. Property values are higher on the north side which is why the highest concentrations of wealth are in the Oakland and Siegel zones. 

Maybe not near the landfill, but other areas are very desirable. Property values are higher on the north side which is why the highest concentrations of wealth are in the Oakland and Siegel zones. 

As a broker the money you speak of is old money and old money doesn't have high school kids. The future boom is predicted south where the land is already zoned for single family homes and multi family units. Believe me, ive tried many time to approach those land owner about selling off their land and its not going to happen. Just look at several old properties out memorial with land and old houses sitting empty that the owner say they will never sell. They get more money for not growing crops from the government than they do by growing them..