Memphis City AAA State Champ Gm

Bigboi20

KWC the kid is big time. His hands and timing is on another level.

Yeah ... I've heard the rumors, but it's quite different to watch. I saw him take a rebound and go coast-to-coast through traffic and take it to the rim and finish. A 6'-9" FRESHMAN in a varsity Quarter-final game.

Man ... that is just gigantic!

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Memphis has one of the best Basketball talent pools in the country. A ton of talent in Memphis. No wonder a Memphis team wins it all almost every year. In the last 20 years only non Memphis teams like Cleveland,White County,Maryville and Blackman won the AAA Title.

East and Cordova was fun to watch. Both teams were outstanding. East will be great the next few years.

like.png

Chandler Lawson will probably end up at Memphis. He would look great in Orange.

I don't know about that REBELRON. The situation at the University of Memphis is tenuous at best. Josh Pastner is still the HC at Memphis only because his contract is such that the U of M can't afford to fire him. I doubt he's the HC when Chandler graduates high school. Right now the rumor running around town is that the U of M wants to hire Penny Hardaway to be the next HC. I think that is why Damon Stoudamire left the U of M to take the HC position at Pacific. Penny can afford to wait it out. IF Penny gets the job I would think that he would hire Chandler's dad and Chandler goes to the U of M. However ... that's a lot of 'IFs and BUTs'. We will see. Chandler could eventually end up anywhere.

I don't know about that REBELRON. The situation at the University of Memphis is tenuous at best. Josh Pastner is still the HC at Memphis only because his contract is such that the U of M can't afford to fire him. I doubt he's the HC when Chandler graduates high school. Right now the rumor running around town is that the U of M wants to hire Penny Hardaway to be the next HC. I think that is why Damon Stoudamire left the U of M to take the HC position at Pacific. Penny can afford to wait it out. IF Penny gets the job I would think that he would hire Chandler's dad and Chandler goes to the U of M. However ... that's a lot of 'IFs and BUTs'. We will see. Chandler could eventually end up anywhere.

Pastner hired Mr. Lawson as a coach at U of M.  That's why KJ and Dedric are there.

If Josh is replaced Coach Lawson is not going anywhere. He has two sons in the 9th and 7th grade that are big time and program changing players.

wouldnt exactly term jonathan as program changing just yet. Big difference in he and chandler comparing to 7th graders in their young career. Jonathan will show us more soon for sure but imo Chandler is on his way to being the best of the bunch.