Can USJ finally get a gold ball?

How is the USJ fan base perceiving CRB's efforts to land the Grace job? It's no secret in the Knoxville area so I assume by now that news of his application for the job has made its way back to Jackson. By all accounts, his first year at USJ was a success.

Not to be offensive. But why would he go to Grace after being at CAK. Woudnt that be a step down? CAK usually handles Grace in football. Why would he want to go there when CAK and USJ are currently better programs?

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not to be offensive. But why would he go to Grace after being at CAK. Woudnt that be a step down? CAK usually handles Grace in football. Why would he want to go there when CAK and USJ are currently better programs?

I have thought the same thing. Why move from Knoxville to Jackson only to move back in a year for a lesser job? But I have also heard from guys I know in the coaching business that he is trying to get out for some reason. Maybe he and his family just want to get back to Knoxville and this is the first opportunity that popped up? Again, it confuses me but people I trust who know what they are talking about have told me he's trying to leave so I guess we will see.

Also, nice to see you again Spartan4Life! Haven't seen you here in a while and I generally enjoy your input to conversation.

I have thought the same thing. Why move from Knoxville to Jackson only to move back in a year for a lesser job? But I have also heard from guys I know in the coaching business that he is trying to get out for some reason. Maybe he and his family just want to get back to Knoxville and this is the first opportunity that popped up? Again, it confuses me but people I trust who know what they are talking about have told me he's trying to leave so I guess we will see.

Also, nice to see you again Spartan4Life! Haven't seen you here in a while and I generally enjoy your input to conversation.

Interesting. I guess something must not be right there in Jackson. Yes for sure! I'm ready for the 2017 season already!

Interesting. I guess something must not be right there in Jackson. Yes for sure! I'm ready for the 2017 season already!

Marley was a good coach and a good man...he wasn't the first to be handled in a less than professional manner when the powers that run USJ want something their way that differs from an employee...maybe CRB and USJ don't mesh that well, and coach just might want to run things his way.

• 1 month later...

I'm curious to hear the rumors as well... But I will say this in regards to USJ, I watched their middle school team play twice (I have relatives that play middle school football at two separate schools). Their middle school team struggled. They were beat physicality, size, and they had a hard time stopping the run (which is what 90% of middle school teams should run on offense). They also didn't have that 'athlete' they stood out like the other teams had.

Now, I know a High School coach probably could careless about their middle school team until the players are High Schoolers. I don't know what the future looks like at the high school level right now (talking about the freshmen and sophomores), but I will say this, I don't know if the future of USJ football is necessarily bright. We all know that Coach Bradley is supposedly to be an offense genus, but I'm curious to see how he is in the player development of things.

So lets say if Bradley leaves, will that be the reason? Probably not. But it's something that needs to be considered.