Metro Rankings

bleacher

As for the "protest" most of those kids never went to a game and could care less. They were just being dramatic for the TV cameras. The kid talking on camera actually quit football. He had another agenda...

I am replying to this because this is my son you are talking about. My son had an agenda in what was done. I was not a part of it. In actuality, the students that actually organized the walkout asked him to speak for them. Why him? Well I guess you can see why. His agenda was with DECA. He has been to the national convention the past 2 years. This year, they were told by the principal they could not go to the State convention to even qualify for nationals . Several reasons were given as to why not, but nothing was done to try and help them make it, was he upset about that, yes. Did he let the administration know about his frustrations and possible solutions,yes. Was there anything done, No. On the football issue. He did not quit the team. He did not attend the last regular season game, because he was attending an overnight event for EARLY ADMISSION students at UT. Let me say that again.EARLY ADMISSION(other kids are just getting acceptance letters) After that, he did not make the trip to Memphis. Did I get on him about that, yes. Didn't particularly condone that. But his equipment was gone when he got back. So that was that. The kids at Antioch decided they wanted to stand up for their school. Just so happens that my son, having the voice box he does, stepped up and made himself the face of this. I am proud that he conducted himself in a very professional manner, and also made sure that the other students did as well. I talked to him today, and there are some changes going on. Dr. Joseph was at the school today. He even said that the burgers were grilled to a medium well. LOL!!! I believe the administration heard the kids, I'm sorry Coach Woodward was not retained. I have all the respect in the world for what he has and is doing. I would like if me and mines and my situation be left out of this thread. Has nothing to do with this. Thank you

I am replying to this because this is my son you are talking about. My son had an agenda in what was done. I was not a part of it. In actuality, the students that actually organized the walkout asked him to speak for them. Why him? Well I guess you can see why. His agenda was with DECA. He has been to the national convention the past 2 years. This year, they were told by the principal they could not go to the State convention to even qualify for nationals . Several reasons were given as to why not, but nothing was done to try and help them make it, was he upset about that, yes. Did he let the administration know about his frustrations and possible solutions,yes. Was there anything done, No. On the football issue. He did not quit the team. He did not attend the last regular season game, because he was attending an overnight event for EARLY ADMISSION students at UT. Let me say that again.EARLY ADMISSION(other kids are just getting acceptance letters) After that, he did not make the trip to Memphis. Did I get on him about that, yes. Didn't particularly condone that. But his equipment was gone when he got back. So that was that. The kids at Antioch decided they wanted to stand up for their school. Just so happens that my son, having the voice box he does, stepped up and made himself the face of this. I am proud that he conducted himself in a very professional manner, and also made sure that the other students did as well. I talked to him today, and there are some changes going on. Dr. Joseph was at the school today. He even said that the burgers were grilled to a medium well. LOL!!! I believe the administration heard the kids, I'm sorry Coach Woodward was not retained. I have all the respect in the world for what he has and is doing. I would like if me and mines and my situation be left out of this thread. Has nothing to do with this. Thank you

What's wrong with medium well?? Lol

Hey FBfan26 do you have a PC Firebirds schedule?

1-No game yet Had Louisville Ballard but It fell thru

2-MBA (D2 Class AAA Runner Up)

3-Giles (4A Second Round)

4-CPA (3A Semifinalist)

5-Cookeville (6A Playoff Qualifier)

6-Marshall Co. (4A Semifinalist)

7-Stratford (3A Second Round)

8-Cordova (6A Semifinalist)

9-FALL BREAK

10-East Nashville (3A Playoff Qualifier)

11-Whites Creek

Edited by FBfan26

4-CPA (3A Semifinalist)

9-FALL BREAK

11-Whites Creek

Solid schedule!

4-CPA (3A Semifinalist)

9-FALL BREAK

11-Whites Creek