Metro Rankings

bleacher

1 hour ago, hardtackle said:

Metro football is at an all time low. The combined wins and losses for all teams except for top two is 14-36. And the 14 wins are not against another team with a winning record. PC is 5-0 with only one win against a good program. CR is 3-2 with no wins against a good team. Very Sad.

Is it coaching? Or are the players being plundered by the privates, Williamson, and Rutherford?

On 9/16/2021 at 12:54 PM, Fballfan1978 said:

What happened to Hillsboro program?

Hillsboro's football program is struggling badly. I hope that they can get back to the relevant program they've been in the past.  They have new sports facilities, a new school, and new coaching leadership. Hopefully the coach can use that -  to rebuild the football program!   

5 hours ago, FBfan26 said:

I seriously think it’s showing up that metro closed the weight rooms and kids couldn’t really lift. Even in the spring they couldn’t lift.

Good points.  Abbreviated short season for Metro High School / JV teams last year didn't help player development.  The Metro Middle Schools had no athletics last year which puts today's freshmen way behind.  Kids and Coaches can't be blamed for the admin/gov. mandates.  

• Upvote 1

On 9/19/2021 at 9:35 PM, DANR said:

Is it coaching? Or are the players being plundered by the privates, Williamson, and Rutherford?

Always been about teams with best players will win most. Coaching can have impact but I have seen great players really make a coach look good. When talent is equal coaching will make a difference. 

On 9/16/2021 at 1:54 PM, Fballfan1978 said:

What happened to Hillsboro program?

On 9/21/2021 at 8:23 AM, runtheball said:

Always been about teams with best players will win most. Coaching can have impact but I have seen great players really make a coach look good. When talent is equal coaching will make a difference. 

I can agree in part with what you said Buddy.  However Hillsboro cannot fall under your scenario this year.  They've historically had great players, but are 0-5, soon to be 0-6.   Sad, considering all the new upgrades to the school/facility. 

Sure, great players can make a coach look good, but if a coach can't line them up and get them to know their responsibility and assignment, and get them to play as a team, then they ain't going far.   Which why most metro teams have historically struggled in the playoffs (with exceptions), because like you say "when talent is equal, then coaching matters".  Cheers to week 6! 

1 hour ago, BennyBones said:

I can agree in part with what you said Buddy.  However Hillsboro cannot fall under your scenario this year.  They've historically had great players, but are 0-5, soon to be 0-6.   Sad, considering all the new upgrades to the school/facility. 

Sure, great players can make a coach look good, but if a coach can't line them up and get them to know their responsibility and assignment, and get them to play as a team, then they ain't going far.   Which why most metro teams have historically struggled in the playoffs (with exceptions), because like you say "when talent is equal, then coaching matters".  Cheers to week 6! 

most times this is the answer but not always

I thought Cane Ridge looked good in the first quarter last night but then they didn’t.  #5 and #11 can play. 

Under things I’ve never seen before. CR player, might have been #5, was in the open running a kick back. Another CR player, 40 yards from the runner, started throwing punches before the runner crossed the goal line.  TD called back…

20 hours ago, BreadTruck28 said:

I thought Cane Ridge looked good in the first quarter last night but then they didn’t.  #5 and #11 can play. 

Under things I’ve never seen before. CR player, might have been #5, was in the open running a kick back. Another CR player, 40 yards from the runner, started throwing punches before the runner crossed the goal line.  TD called back…

Lack of discipline. Pretty common in Metro teams.

The biggest difference I have seen with the Metro teams this year is the sheer lack of size. Those 15 months they were not allowed to lift weights is killing them. Cane Ridge still has athletes, but are very much smaller.

56 minutes ago, MichaelMyers76 said:

Lack of discipline. Pretty common in Metro teams.

The biggest difference I have seen with the Metro teams this year is the sheer lack of size. Those 15 months they were not allowed to lift weights is killing them. Cane Ridge still has athletes, but are very much smaller.

I felt like the overall team discipline reacted well. Fellow players were immediately on the fighting player and he was sent straight to the locker room by the head coach. I don’t believe the refs ejected him, which seemed odd also. Maybe they didn’t see everything. 

14 minutes ago, BreadTruck28 said:

I felt like the overall team discipline reacted well. Fellow players were immediately on the fighting player and he was sent straight to the locker room by the head coach. I don’t believe the refs ejected him, which seemed odd also. Maybe they didn’t see everything. 

Coaches teach and demand discipline from the players. So many undisciplined selfish players on every team these days. We see players on TV at college and pro level that can't control their emotions. It is just the world we sadly are living in.  Not just metro and public schools that have these players also. It is such a me society and kids see and learn this behavior from social media outlets and even in adults. Dysfunctional world.  

• Upvote 2

On 9/26/2021 at 4:33 PM, runtheball said:

Coaches teach and demand discipline from the players. So many undisciplined selfish players on every team these days. We see players on TV at college and pro level that can't control their emotions. It is just the world we sadly are living in.  Not just metro and public schools that have these players also. It is such a me society and kids see and learn this behavior from social media outlets and even in adults. Dysfunctional world.  

Agreed.  Heard a really good coach say recently "There once was a time, players wanted to win State Championships, now all they care about is their own scholarship.

Me > Team philosophy. Sad.

• Like 1