Metro Rankings

bleacher

7 hours ago, cbg said:

East gets hammered by Father Ryan and you have them as the #3 team in Nashville?  Just asking!

I would take Overton at #3.  They aren't good, but have a non-covid win in the books and have scored more than 8 pts....and I'm counting the 1 point that East got for the covid win.  And that 1 point is greater than their rushing yards on the year.  Sounds brutal, but all factual.

5 minutes ago, PurplePanther said:

I would take Overton at #3.  They aren't good, but have a non-covid win in the books and have scored more than 8 pts....and I'm counting the 1 point that East got for the covid win.  And that 1 point is greater than their rushing yards on the year.  Sounds brutal, but all factual.

Hillsboro should still be 4th and Overton 5th. Hillsboro smacked Overton in a scrimmage before the season. Then it doesn't matter who falls where because 5-11 could beat each other any given night. 

18 hours ago, PurplePanther said:

For whatever reason athletics at most MNPS are atrocious when compared to the counties that surround Davidson County.  I truly wish that I could wave the proverbial magic wand and fix the problems.  The real problem is that there are so many different issues within MNPS its not an easy fix.  MNPS system is so large and out of control it may be that Davidson County should be divided into multiple school districts that are much smaller and easier to manage.  It is my understanding that Memphis has done something very similar recently.  Apparently Shelby County Schools and Memphis City Schools combined to have one school system but it was such a disaster that they now have several school districts within Shelby County.