Metro Rankings

bleacher

21 minutes ago, fb247 said:

Metro is killing metro. 

You are absolutely correct that MNPS have in the past and continue to this day to shoot themselves in the foot with most every decision.  It's nothing more than a major bureaucracy that needs to be completely overhauled.  I will say that I have heard nothing but great things about Adrian Battle, but her hands are tied.  When you have an elected school board (should be appointed by the mayor), a 40-person dysfunctional metro council and a bunch of idiots that are elected Mayor of Davidson County what can you expect.  Let's not forget that the last three mayors of Davidson County (David Briley, John Cooper & Freddie O'Connell) were all graduates of Montgomery Bell Academy.  I ask the question, what does someone that attended elite private schools know about public education?  

22 minutes ago, cbg said:

You are absolutely correct that MNPS have in the past and continue to this day to shoot themselves in the foot with most every decision.  It's nothing more than a major bureaucracy that needs to be completely overhauled.  I will say that I have heard nothing but great things about Adrian Battle, but her hands are tied.  When you have an elected school board (should be appointed by the mayor), a 40-person dysfunctional metro council and a bunch of idiots that are elected Mayor of Davidson County what can you expect.  Let's not forget that the last three mayors of Davidson County (David Briley, John Cooper & Freddie O'Connell) were all graduates of Montgomery Bell Academy.  I ask the question, what does someone that attended elite private schools know about public education?  

nothing and don't care

• Upvote 2

I was looking at the history of Metro Football Coaches on another site and I don’t think I’ve found one who won 200 games.  Coach Tony Brunetti’s mark currently stands at 164-64 as Pearl-Cohn’s coach.  His first year as an educator was the 1997-1998 school year at Cheatham County.  That means he has the rest of this season and then 3 more years to get his 30 years through the state.  I think he has a great shot at winning 200 games for his career.  

Coaches like Nick Coutras, Wes Elrod, Jerry Pigue, Herschel Moore, Maurice Fitzgerald, and Ron Aydelott come to mind right away.  I don’t believe any of them won 200+ games in their legendary careers.  

Coach Brunetti has taken Pearl-Cohn to the State Championship Game on 3 occasions.  He has yet to win a Gold Ball.  If that changes and he both wins 200+ games and wins a State Championship then you could put him on the Mt. Rushmore of All-Time Metro-Nashville Football Coaches.  

• Upvote 1

Personally, I would say Brunetti is already in conversation for top five or so in metro. To me, the difference between Brunetti and the others is longevity. Coutras left metro and became a college coach. Elrod, Pigue, and Fitzgerald were all very good assistant coaches after being head coaches. Aydelott went to Riverdale. Who knows what those guys would have accomplished if they had stayed as head coaches in metro. Brunetti has stayed and has PC at the top of metro and in contention for a state title every year. Not a PC guy but you have to respect the job he has done. 

• Upvote 1

Well since we talking about the scene of metro football. Antioch is coming back from the dead. Also arguably the best middle school team in the city/Midstate “Rose parks” most of the kids are heading to Whites creek from what’s being said. James Lawson got some kids so it’s looking like metro is rising. Btw we need to get this Rose park & Blackman middle school game!

28 minutes ago, FBfan26 said:

Well since we talking about the scene of metro football. Antioch is coming back from the dead. Also arguably the best middle school team in the city/Midstate “Rose parks” most of the kids are heading to Whites creek from what’s being said. James Lawson got some kids so it’s looking like metro is rising. Btw we need to get this Rose park & Blackman middle school game!

Good I think that’ll be good for metro. I’d like the whites creek, Maplewood, Stratford and McGavock of old. 

Blackman middle will never play rose parks. Rutherford county middle school football is very competitive and they play a full schedule. You could possibly get a scrimmage, but that's about it. Now, if you want to go youth league, contact Nate Shearon. He is an Overton HS alum that runs the Blackman Youth League. He is imo the best in the business as he runs an elite program from the top down. 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, workinprogress said:

Blackman middle will never play rose parks. Rutherford county middle school football is very competitive and they play a full schedule. You could possibly get a scrimmage, but that's about it. Now, if you want to go youth league, contact Nate Shearon. He is an Overton HS alum that runs the Blackman Youth League. He is imo the best in the business as he runs an elite program from the top down. 

I already know just wishful thinking since both teams are loaded.

10 hours ago, FBfan26 said:

I already know just wishful thinking since both teams are loaded.

Can you explain what’s happened to Cane Ridge, just saw where they had a jamboree against y’all and won, then came out and played us in a 4 quarter game. Now they’re a bottom tier metro team. I saw their QB is different and a different rb… injuries? Mass exodus?

12 hours ago, FBfan26 said:

Is AB coaching football at Rose Park? I know he does basketball. Kids from out that way going to the Creek of all places just shows what the biggest Metro problem is.

18 minutes ago, MichaelMyers76 said:

Is AB coaching football at Rose Park? I know he does basketball. Kids from out that way going to the Creek of all places just shows what the biggest Metro problem is.

yes, kids like him. he is always showing up somewhere else. hard to keep up with him

Edited by fb247