Metro Rankings

bleacher

I love truth and change. Your skewed views and opinions I don't consider truth. They may be truth in your world...just not mine. I've known people that coached at both schools in question here and the problem is much deeper than the football team. At the same token, it is a positive in their life and another opportunity for a positive mentor to spend time with them. Let's not just look at W/L and look at the overall.

Ok you want to think deeply I will oblige. Ok first off let's define the term loss (the fact or process of losing something or someone.) ok now that we know that no human is perfect, but we would still avoid "losing" at all costs. You have two teams in HL and Glencliff that lose every game, losing can give a variety of emotions (all negative) whether it's fighting within the team, personal fouls on the field etc etc. Also I'm sure many of those players that endure the loss week in and week out think highly of themselves whether that's from football, with the ladies, other sports. Why would any kid want to associate himself with a negative in life? Losing every week brings down team morale, makes the program worse and worse year by year, their fan attendance is unheard of, on top of all that they have schools filled with talent. I just don't get why kids would want to spend their time losing every game and eers is trying to tell me these kids are having fun? You sir are the one with the misconstrued thoughts here. Losing is not fun, no one wants to lose much less every game.

Edited by MJGOLDENBEARS

Then you rank them and I'll criticize you...

I had PC 3rd behind 2 unbeaten teams

I could care less bout you ranking PC at 3rd that's fine with us. But to say PC has underachieved that's just not true. You have a sophomore QB, whole new offensive line, plus u have sophomores and juniors at CB and all new linebackers. And on top of that you lose your best defensive player for the year. You're 2-1 right now, sorry that's not underachieving in nobody eyes but yours.

Ok you want to think deeply I will oblige. Ok first off let's define the term loss (the fact or process of losing something or someone.) ok now that we know that no human is perfect, but we would still avoid "losing" at all costs. You have two teams in HL and Glencliff that lose every game, losing can give a variety of emotions (all negative) whether it's fighting within the team, personal fouls on the field etc etc. Also I'm sure many of those players that endure the loss week in and week out think highly of themselves whether that's from football, with the ladies, other sports. Why would any kid want to associate himself with a negative in life? Losing every week brings down team morale, makes the program worse and worse year by year, their fan attendance is unheard of, on top of all that they have schools filled with talent. I just don't get why kids would want to spend their time losing every game and eers is trying to tell me these kids are having fun? You sir are the one with the misconstrued thoughts here. Losing is not fun, no one wants to lose much less every game.

Just going out on a limb here, but I'm guessing...

You didn't grow up fatherless

You haven't seen friends shot and killed around the corner.

You haven't seen life in the streets.

You haven't sold drugs to pay the light bill for your family.

I'm not saying losing is fun. I'm saying being the part of anything positive is better than life in the streets. Get a clue.

Just going out on a limb here, but I'm guessing...

You didn't grow up fatherless

You haven't seen friends shot and killed around the corner.

You haven't seen life in the streets.

You haven't sold drugs to pay the light bill for your family.

I'm not saying losing is fun. I'm saying being the part of anything positive is better than life in the streets. Get a clue.

Lol this isn't the Bronx, or Compton. It's Nashville. But nice try

Lol this isn't the Bronx, or Compton. It's Nashville. But nice try

Eers has a point here. I personally know someone who has coached at one of these schools and it is exactly how he describes it. Thomas McPhail has a huge up hill battle at HL. He knows it, his staff knows it but he still is there fighting the fight. Those kids deserve an opportunity to play if they want. You say it isn't fun, well why are they playing then? Nobody wants to lose but sometime it's the fight. Look not only at these 2 schools but around the state at traditional losing programs. It is the same. All it takes is either the right coach or metro to redraw some lines and these schools compete again. Both have had success before. It is not impossible.

Do you have nothing better to do than troll and be negative? Then again, perhaps we would all be that way is we were part of a mediocre .500 program. Perhaps we would all want to belittle others. Perhaps we would feel better about ourselves if we pointed out the sub .500 programs and ridiculed them.

Oh wait, no we wouldn't. Most of us have been the part of mediocre .500 (or sub .500) years and yet we didn't act like the idiot you are. You must be a kid. Part of the generation that feels it's easier to bring others down and belittle them to make yourself feel better about you current situation.

Good luck and troll on!