South Pittsburg vs Marion (Grider against that Mathis man)

Roy Dillard

Coaches are great and all but they don't take a single snap. Kids have grown up and showing some real grit and heart. They are the ones who did what had to be done. Block all distractions bad first game and beat down your biggest rival. Congrats

I agree, but Coach Grider and staff did a great job with their scheme for that game. When you put over 350 yards on the Marion defense and hold that jaugernaut of an offense to only 17 points you obviously have a great plan. Neither one of those two things have happened very often to them the past 3 seasons.

Old Pirate says obviously there are things that need attention like wasting timeouts and unnecessary penalties to name a few. Game planning & preparation are crucial, then it is up to the players to execute with coaches called on to make adjustments like the last called play basically drawn up in the sand to win the game! Great jobs All around

Edited by OLD PIRATE

True but before Vic came back our players were not made to work and they didn't work. Sometimes you have to do things on your on and all I was saying we have more kids taken it on themselves.

I agree, but Coach Grider and staff did a great job with their scheme for that game. When you put over 350 yards on the Marion defense and hold that jaugernaut of an offense to only 17 points you obviously have a great plan. Neither one of those two things have happened very often to them the past 3 seasons.

Old Pirate sharing interesting break room chatter. Reportedly the Jasper folkes were so skeerd of losing to the Pirates, private meetings were held discussing, mostly complaining about SP transfers, one in particular. Figure coacht fellers read some that garbage while their program was under investigation again. Word is a lawyer representing the jailhouse kinfolkes uncovered a minor issue with transferring and made a call to authorities in Ala! Old Pirate knowd the Jasperlites were either wearing Rose Colored Glasses or Mostly skeerd enough to clear the CVS isles of laxatives. As posted pages ago, the sound of Thunder was heard round the Speedway all night without a lightening ever seen! Figure, this all points to how lucky the skeerd kinfolkes were to escaping the Speedway not more hurt & injured! LOPAO.....Yep, Recon so......until the next feuding time, OP has left this tread.

First, I must give Grider and staff their props! As much as I hate to say it he is one of the top coaches in the state. SP coaches had a game plan and they stuck to it! The boys on the field deserve a lot of credit as well. I think my nephew the senior played a hard nose game and I tip my hat to him, he took a beating all night! He is much tougher than I ever was! Extremely proud of the young man he has become on and off the field! Little brother played pretty good as well.

Hopefully, this is a lessons learned for both teams! I must admit SP is much better than I thought, and a lot of that has to do with coaching. Not to say players didn't make plays because they did! As for MC, we need to open up the passing game. The QB is young with a lot of learning to do, I would personally like to see him in the shotgun some? I didn't see him leave the pocket all night? He will be a good one in time though. Both teams played an outstanding game!

Now lets hear it OP, Bassy, PM and RD.. I went underground to lick my wounds but guess what I'm back! BTW.. Congratulations, my tallest finger wants to give you a standing ovation! lol..

First, I must give Grider and staff their props! As much as I hate to say it he is one of the top coaches in the state. SP coaches had a game plan and they stuck to it! The boys on the field deserve a lot of credit as well. I think my nephew the senior played a hard nose game and I tip my hat to him, he took a beating all night! He is much tougher than I ever was! Extremely proud of the young man he has become on and off the field! Little brother played pretty good as well.

Hopefully, this is a lessons learned for both teams! I must admit SP is much better than I thought, and a lot of that has to do with coaching. Not to say players didn't make plays because they did! As for MC, we need to open up the passing game. The QB is young with a lot of learning to do, I would personally like to see him in the shotgun some? I didn't see him leave the pocket all night? He will be a good one in time though. Both teams played an outstanding game!

Now lets hear it OP, Bassy, PM and RD.. I went underground to lick my wounds but guess what I'm back! BTW.. Congratulations, my tallest finger wants to give you a standing ovation! lol..

LMBO, good post. It was a good football game. You had two nephews on the field? You sly dog you.. Whoever they are I'm sure they gave it their all for the team. Coach Grider don't get credit a lot of times and it's unfair. He's a good football coach and they had a great scheme on offense, defense, and special teams.

Now lets hear it OP, Bassy, PM and RD.. I went underground to lick my wounds but guess what I'm back! BTW.. Congratulations, my tallest finger wants to give you a standing ovation! lol

Glad to see you come back on here and give props to our coaches and players in the Orange and Black. MC has a great team and will do well the rest of the season. Best of luck!