Alcoee comes on ovur two Mairvul

STARSNBARS

May not be as good on defense but better on offense. Running game will be good. Plus that stud receiver on the outside..

Alcoa's defense definitely looked better against WB than they did last year. This year, we couldn't run the ball at all and the majority of our total yards came on two long passes in the first Qtr. And our offense is much better than it was last year. While Alcoa might have graduated a lot from their defense last year, keep in mind that a lot of those guys probably got a lot of experience in the 2nd half last year.

Alcoa's defense definitely looked better against WB than they did last year. This year, we couldn't run the ball at all and the majority of our total yards came on two long passes in the first Qtr. And our offense is much better than it was last year. While Alcoa might have graduated a lot from their defense last year, keep in mind that a lot of those guys probably got a lot of experience in the 2nd half last year.

I think we'll find out tomorrow night. The defense is different that's for sure. Not 100% convinced the D is better than last year. the 2015 Defense was one of the best I have every seen in high school. The D line may have been THE best I've every seen. Maybe someone else can think of one that was better, But I can't off the top of my head.

I think the offense is a little better, last year the D helped them a lot with field position, almost always playing with a lead, etc.

Again, Friday night will tell us a lot

Edited by 32hammer

Old washed up, worn out, irrelevant, and glue factory candidate! I certainly hope I am wrong about my comments on our D. And I certainly do not want to appear I am critiquing them. General Nix has shaped up the troops nicely and has them about as mission ready as they can be.

But facts are facts. We have not faced a really good physical offensive team yet, so we will see if the Preacher is right. I certainly do not want to get crossways with a man of God in my diminished physical state! Gotta be ready brothers! Accordingly, I will once again fine tune my "Stars Cyfering" and project the Rebs as a 68 point favorite.

By all rights Maryville being a 5A school playing in 6A by request should be the favored team. Alcoa for some reason has always had one of the best athletic ratios per student going back far as the school has existed. Alcoa dominated way before integration in the mid sixties back in the fifties just like they do today. Never seen anything quite like it in the State of Tennessee. Not sure if there is something in the water over there or what it is but that is one of the reasons this rivalry has always been so close no matter how many more students Maryville has then they do. I think I know who will win this game but we won't know until this time tomorrow. 

Old washed up, worn out, irrelevant, and glue factory candidate! I certainly hope I am wrong about my comments on our D. And I certainly do not want to appear I am critiquing them. General Nix has shaped up the troops nicely and has them about as mission ready as they can be.

But facts are facts. We have not faced a really good physical offensive team yet, so we will see if the Preacher is right. I certainly do not want to get crossways with a man of God in my diminished physical state! Gotta be ready brothers! Accordingly, I will once again fine tune my "Stars Cyfering" and project the Rebs as a 68 point favorite.

General Nix...defensive Master Mind!!!!

In my opinion we are not better on D. When you lose what RR has described here....well you just do not get better unless you replace size, speed, and experience with the same size, speed, and experience. We did not do that this year. Our single improvement is we are slightly faster. This comes as a direct result of a loss of physical size. And we are not as experienced. Thus we will struggle with the Reb's running and passing game. Accordingly, I am updating my previous " cyferrin" to reflect Alcoee as a 82.2 point underdog.

I saw the D last year up close and they were awesome, no doubt about it. But this year's D is faster, but not quite as big. Still plenty big enough for high school though. Just no D1 big. Maybe I am wrong, and know it is a huge statement, but that D is looks better overall to me, offense too. Edited by ScottThePreacher