Alcoee comes on ovur two Mairvul

STARSNBARS

I can't imagine Alcoa being better on defense this year. That Dline last year was awesome. Also those 2 seniors at LB and the 2 DB'S Dustin Clabough Caleb Woody that graduated were 3 year starters. That was best defense in Alcoa history.

In my opinion we are not better on D. When you lose what RR has described here....well you just do not get better unless you replace size, speed, and experience with the same size, speed, and experience. We did not do that this year. Our single improvement is we are slightly faster. This comes as a direct result of a loss of physical size. And we are not as experienced. Thus we will struggle with the Reb's running and passing game. Accordingly, I am updating my previous " cyferrin" to reflect Alcoee as a 82.2 point underdog.

In my opinion we are not better on D. When you lose what RR has described here....well you just do not get better unless you replace size, speed, and experience with the same size, speed, and experience. We did not do that this year. Our single improvement is we are slightly faster. This comes as a direct result of a loss of physical size. And we are not as experienced. Thus we will struggle with the Reb's running and passing game. Accordingly, I am updating my previous " cyferrin" to reflect Alcoee as a 82.2 point underdog.

May not be as good on defense but better on offense. Running game will be good. Plus that stud receiver on the outside..

Hammer last year I stayed at home and watched the game on live stream because I didn't feel like going to a game two hours early and set facing the sun elbow to elbow and having to jump up every two minutes to let some dumba^^ through to go to the concession stand to get a hot dog. They showed the play a half a dozen times on replay and even Ray Charles could have seen it. The biggest thing in question was that he took his time to call the penalty as the play developed downfield which I can clearly understand why Alcoa fans were mad. The guy that called the penalty went to school at Maryville and was one grade ahead of me but he has been calling for many years and I can tell you that I've heard more Maryville fans in the past think that he has given the other team over the years the benefit and not Maryville and I've heard people even call him a trader. I know him personally and his entire family and they are great people. Being an official is one job I wouldn't wish off on anyone and that's why there's not a long line of people that apply for the position.

I know him well also. Played college ball with him. The bottom line is this can all be avoided by assigning an officiating crew with no attachments to either school. It is no brainier yet each year MHS graduates outnumber all other associations on the crew. It would be easy to swap the normal BC crew with a Knox crew so both teams can get equal doses of the normal KC home cooking and hate.

Are you staying home again??

If there are anyway possible to see the Maryville game and go see my nephew play and record the game on TV and keep my nose off of Coach T Friday without knowing the score when I got home and watch the replay as if it were happening would be something I've been thinking of. Most likely I will be at the game but if I'm not you know what happened. 

If there are anyway possible to see the Maryville game and go see my nephew play and record the game on TV and keep my nose off of Coach T Friday without knowing the score when I got home and watch the replay as if it were happening would be something I've been thinking of. Most likely I will be at the game but if I'm not you know what happened.

Do you have Direct Tv? Edited by rebelwoman87

I know him well also. Played college ball with him. The bottom line is this can all be avoided by assigning an officiating crew with no attachments to either school. It is no brainier yet each year MHS graduates outnumber all other associations on the crew. It would be easy to swap the normal BC crew with a Knox crew so both teams can get equal doses of the normal KC home cooking and hate.

Last week I watched the Fulton game on TV and saw the reaction of the Maryville crowd when Cobb broke lose on the long run and Coach T lite up with comments and all because of the same thing. The official waited til the play developed down field before he called it. I know everyone was mad from Maryville but when they showed the replay not only was there one block in the back but also two. waiting to long to drop the flag is a big big mistake because it makes you look as if your there throwing the game or making the rules up as you go. 

Lol. I can see it now: both teams have 150+ yards of penalties with 2 kids on each team ejected for hitting too hard.

Last week I watched the Fulton game on TV and saw the reaction of the Maryville crowd when Cobb broke lose on the long run and Coach T lite up with comments and all because of the same thing. The official waited til the play developed down field before he called it. I know everyone was mad from Maryville but when they showed the replay not only was there one block in the back but also two. waiting to long to drop the flag is a big big mistake because it makes you look as if your there throwing the game or making the rules up as you go.

Good point. The delayed flag will always start a ruckus.