Cyunts Hil att Mairvul

STARSNBARS

Maybe they will bring Steve Superior with them.

Do you remember when Spurrier played on Blankenship field?  I think it was 1962.  He was the qb, punter, kicker, and safety.  He was a senior captain for SH and they lost on the last play of the game.  I heard him talk about it once on the radio.  He said that loss bothers him to this day more than any other loss he's been a part of. Ha Ha

Edited by oridgecat

Do you remember when Spurrier played on Blankenship field?  I think it was 1962.  He was the qb, punter, kicker, and safety.  He was a senior captain for SH and they lost on the last play of the game.  I heard him talk about it once on the radio.  He said that loss bothers him to this day more than any other loss he's been a part of. Ha Ha

Was watching Oak Ridge Farragut game and Packer's gang mentioned three famous players who had played on that field, two of which were Heisman Winners. Spurrier of course was one of the two Heisman winners and I could swear they named Red Grange as the other? He played high school ball in Illinois; did he actually play in Oak Ridge during that time? I could swear that is one they mentioned. Can't remember the third player they named. 

Was watching Oak Ridge Farragut game and Packer's gang mentioned three famous players who had played on that field, two of which were Heisman Winners. Spurrier of course was one of the two Heisman winners and I could swear they named Red Grange as the other? He played high school ball in Illinois; did he actually play in Oak Ridge during that time? I could swear that is one they mentioned. Can't remember the third player they named. 

I heard that and they were wrong....One was Spurrier, one was Paul Hornung, and the the other I can't recall for the life of me, but it definitely wasn't Red Grange. Don't know how the heck they got that lol

Red Grange would have been forty years old in 1943 which was Oak Ridge's first year. Paul Hourning played for a team in Louisville ,KY called Joseph Flaget from 1949-52. Would they have came down here from Kentucky back then to play OR, I don't know maybe Sweet might I've had the privilege to meet Paul Hornung about .eight years ago a long with Deacon Jones at a Builders Convention in Florida. I was talking to him in this picture but I cropped me out to protect Barney's identity.2u8z8dl.jpg

Edited by BarneySox2007

Red Grange would have been forty years old in 1943 which was Oak Ridge's first year. Paul Hourning played for a team in Louisville ,KY called Joseph Flaget from 1949-52. Would they have came down here from Kentucky back then to play OR, I don't know maybe Sweet might I've had the privilege to meet Paul Hornung about .eight years ago a long with Deacon Jones at a Builders Convention in Florida. I was talking to him in this picture but I cropped me out to protect Barney's identity.2u8z8dl.jpg

So you're not a cat loving, Jack Russell Terrier with a can up to his ear?

(Cue up Sdot)