Mairvul goes upp two Dobbuns Bent-It

STARSNBARS

He only wishes they could toss the last score but he tried like hail to score on Maryville's backups .

Yep. You guys have a good team. QB was good, plenty of speed and size on both sides of ball. I actual left thinking how well prepared DB was - maybe just perspective. Murvil is still a good team. The rematch might be a slugfest.

Vurry ennurustin' commints bye Corch Clark.....Butt when'st yore seccund teem QB runs one intwo tha line and nobodee tackulls him thangs like thait happun....Eye weal say D-B played hard and eye wuz rill empressed wif #30.....Good yung RB wif goodur vishun and quiknuss....D-B's staif did a goodur job gettin' Mairvul's saftee two shift two tha strangth ov tha fourmashun and runnin' #7 baick two tha weekside on his long run...

Looked like Mairvul's gaim plan wuz two taik #6 away and thay did a goodur job wif thait and loosin' one ov our LB's in tha seccund serries and then'st thait othur LB whose purtee good (Mr. 6A football) inn shorts didun't hep....Butt D-B played a good and tuff gaim.....No eggscuses....

Batman momma sed thaink yee fer tha nice commints....Butt eye cain steal tale ewe thait tha Stair Fry Caif Fay on Broad Streat inn downtown Kangsport haid a bannur day.... :hungry:

Eye steal thank Corch Clark cain tale sum goodur joaks tho.... :popcorneater:

http://www.timesnews.net/Sports/2016/10/01/No-1-Maryville-pulls-away-to-beat-D-B.html?ci=stream&lp=2&p=

Edited by STARSNBARS

Yep. You guys have a good team. QB was good, plenty of speed and size on both sides of ball. I actual left thinking how well prepared DB was - maybe just perspective. Murvil is still a good team. The rematch might be a slugfest.

You are exactly right about DB being prepared last night. They had some spies at our last two home games sitting up near the band. They paid a lot of attention to the sidelines and even took pictures.

Yep,thats pretty embarrassing, but the pregame BS talk topped that by a mile.He only wishes they could toss the last score but he tried like hail to score on Maryville's backups .

http://www.timesnews.net/Sports/2016/10/01/No-1-Maryville-pulls-away-to-beat-D-B.html

“It’s a tough loss,†Clark added, “but if we will continue to improve and grow, we’ll be fine from this point on.â€

I think Clark may have a point.      Now wait and hear this out..... 4 games left (Bradley Central, Bearden, Jeff County, Science Hill).     Win 3 of those, which is certainly doable, and end up 6-4, which almost guarantees a 2nd round playoff game.    Yes I know that eventually you have to go through Maryville again and that is where it will end, but compared to last season's debacle I think the Tribe will be okay

http://www.timesnews.net/Sports/2016/10/01/No-1-Maryville-pulls-away-to-beat-D-B.html

“It’s a tough loss,†Clark added, “but if we will continue to improve and grow, we’ll be fine from this point on.â€

I think Clark may have a point.      Now wait and hear this out..... 4 games left (Bradley Central, Bearden, Jeff County, Science Hill).     Win 3 of those, which is certainly doable, and end up 6-4, which almost guarantees a 2nd round playoff game.    Yes I know that eventually you have to go through Maryville again and that is where it will end, but compared to last season's debacle I think the Tribe will be okay

WooHoo. 6-4!  Clark deserves a raise. Awesome!

I think it's clear from the game last night that DB has the talent and atheletes, but the players have no leadership. GC is compensated very well for making smart comments, blaming his players and basically being a clown. His time has come and gone. He needs to retire. What's more sad is DB fans seem to be okay with no state titles and just winning a game here and there. Start at the top and make changes that will make the difference. Get a coaching staff that motivates and inspires the players. Get coaches that are passionate and know more plays than just run it up the middle. That Understand depth and element of suprise Add a strength program with a qualified staff. Don't just settle.