Trezevant to forfeit all games; will have an audit on grades

Galilee

My team is in 5A on the other side of the state. I came to here to catch up on the news about Trezevant that I saw on the main page, and I was thoroughly shocked at your immaturity. The fact that you can try to spin this to be somehow related to our jealousy of Trezevant on the field shows how awful your priorities are. I feel sorry for the kids. They have less than a 50% chance at graduating, they have grown adults who aren't doing what they can to help them prepare for success. And the schools English grade is 16%! And you think people are jealous of this! We are shocked that things could be this bad and that adults could be this incompetent and irresponsible. I see why you put your child in a private school.

I admit I may have blinders on because of my Trezevant love but what you may call immaturity I call defensiveness against not jealousy but hypocrisy. The systematic academic problem in Memphis is no secret to us or those around the state. It is nothing we are proud of but hey it is what it is. There is a lack of good parents that seems to be raising kids were education doesn't matter. My beef is with the people who come on here and say punish Trezevant for academics in one sentence then in the next saying how far their team can make it now in the playoffs. 

it's natural to question if they even had the grades last year. This did not just happen this year especially looking at the academic scores posted and graduation rate. Priorities are wrong and it did not just happen this year. Why you fighting this battle? Where is your crew Shante and Universal. Oh wait maybe they know when to shut up.

I was born by myself I don't have a twin. I know when to shut up and this is not the time.

Smart people everywhere should be concerned about our kids being educated and ready to be productive parts of society. If not,the whole has to pay the price. Education is very crucial. I've got one that received a diploma but didn't get educated, Life is a struggle to say the least. Got 2 more straight A kids and life should be much easier. Its a lot more serious than a game of football.

I agree wholeheartedly education is a must but if you could understand where these kids come from a lot of times sports is their way to being productive in society.

The kids on the field deserved it. The games were played, that's my problem with the situation. If you want to say they deserve to be punished for this year I'm fine with that but what happened in the past shouldn't be a question.

Unless this has been going on longer than just this year. I'm sure the investigation will show that. You are correct the kids do deserve it that were on the field last year as long as they were academically eligible (that's the thing in question). You can stick up for them all you want but Trezevant has been in some trouble since 2010 with the tssaa

Let me commence by saying that I have been one the posters that praised Trezevant for their accomplishments. I will also state that it is hard for me to believe that coach White is involved in this. This man has been a positive influence on that community. With al of that said, if it is proven these allegations are true, everyone involved should go.  I served as an athletic director for years and the greatest lesson you can teach the student athletes is to compete with integrity.  My greatest joy at Mitchell was the number of athletes that went to college free.  That should be the goal of any AD. This is another black eye on SCS system. Once again I will be totally shocked if Coach White is involved in this. My prayers to the students.

Let me commence by saying that I have been one the posters that praised Trezevant for their accomplishments. I will also state that it is hard for me to believe that coach White is involved in this. This man has been a positive influence on that community. With al of that said, if it is proven these allegations are true, everyone involved should go.  I served as an athletic director for years and the greatest lesson you can teach the student athletes is to compete with integrity.  My greatest joy at Mitchell was the number of athletes that went to college free.  That should be the goal of any AD. This is another black eye on SCS system. Once again I will be totally shocked if Coach White is involved in this. My prayers to the students.

+1

Unless this has been going on longer than just this year. I'm sure the investigation will show that. You are correct the kids do deserve it that were on the field last year as long as they were academically eligible (that's the thing in question). You can stick up for them all you want but Trezevant has been in some trouble since 2010 with the tssaa

It seems like they have put a representative at Trez.