Trezevant to forfeit all games; will have an audit on grades

Galilee

I know it opens the door for other teams and I probably would feel the same but what i bothering me is all the goody two shoes comments like they are the only team to ever pencilwhip the grades.

whatever you and Universalheart and others built this pedestal that y'all stood on. By no means are any of the comments meant for the kids at the school. Look at yourself in the mirror they are directed towards y'all. The fall is long and hard when you build yourself up. As it written. Pride comes before the fall. We saw the pride now enjoy the fall.

I've been predicting for almost a year that Trezevant would NOT repeat as 2A champs. 

This is disgraceful. Marion should be declared 2015 2A champs as soon as the investigation runs its course.

TCA also got robbed, although tI believe Marion would have beaten em in a final, TCA deserved the earned opportunity. Goldsmith should be 2015 Mr Football as well. 

Imagine a TCA WITh Goldsmith vs Marion last year? Wow. 

I know it opens the door for other teams and I probably would feel the same but what i bothering me is all the goody two shoes comments like they are the only team to ever pencilwhip the grades.

Do you seriously think that other schools change grades? There are checks and balances in school system and Shelby County is your balance. Trezevant has never been a school for academics with a 42% graduation rate. I just glad the School board is putting education about athletics.

whatever you and Universalheart and others built this pedestal that y'all stood on. By no means are any of the comments meant for the kids at the school. Look at yourself in the mirror they are directed towards y'all. The fall is long and hard when you build yourself up. As it written. Pride comes before the fall. We saw the pride now enjoy the fall.

The pedestal we stood on was actually built by the gold and silver balls we were standing on..Just know this will not be the end of Trezevant. Trezevant is a resilient school and we will bounce back from this.

I've been predicting for almost a year that Trezevant would NOT repeat as 2A champs.

This is disgraceful. Marion should be declared 2015 2A champs as soon as the investigation runs its course.

TCA also got robbed, although tI believe Marion would have beaten em in a final, TCA deserved the earned opportunity. Goldsmith should be 2015 Mr Football as well.

Goldsmith was Mr Football in 2015. Also, thanks for the positive comments. You're right, we would not have beaten Marion without Goldsmith but with him it would have been a fun game!

I've been predicting for almost a year that Trezevant would NOT repeat as 2A champs. 

We dont have to imagine anything because we seen it on the field. Marion got exactly what they deserved they were the second best team in 2A in football. TCA did not get robbed they showed up, played the game, and lost. This is football not a spelling bee.

Because of the overall weakness of Regions 7 and 8, I see only two forms of punishment that would have any teeth to it. One would be to ban all players involved from playing the remainder of the season. The second option would be to simply ban Trezevant from post season play this year. Any lesser punishment and one region win would more than likely put them in the same spot as if nothing had happened. Final punishment must have some real teeth to it.

No excuses and no two ways about it, they deserve to have a post season suspension this year. If you let them continue playing after the investigation is over then what ha e you taught them? I hate it for the ones who are innocent and had nothing to do with the problem, but it's a TEAM sport and the whole team has to pay the price for the select ones who made this choice!!

I know everyone is hoping they cancel the entire season because we know if they get into the playoffs what will happen. So just keep wishing that the #2 pencil get them as y'all say.

Your priorities are so far off it's sad. I truly hope that you don't have a child on the team. If so, I can guarantee that child isn't getting the proper parenting and message at home.

Goldsmith was Mr Football in 2015. Also, thanks for the positive comments. You're right, we would not have beaten Marion without Goldsmith but with him it would have been a fun game!

The only reason Marion co. got within striking distance was because of penalites on trezevant. This whole trezevant dropping from 4a to 2a in one season was skeptical at best to begin with. Goldsmith and crew from TCA would have won by two scores in championship game.

The tssaa should be flooded with calls until a post season ban is in place, or the season is suspended. The administration and coach had to know so they must go. All we ever heard from the dedicated few supporters of trezevant was how happy they were that these kids were doing it the right way, education then athletics. It was all a farce.