Fayetteville Tigers vs Summertown's Eagles

Varo

Which tigers team will show up? Fayetteville does have speed but the Eagles ain't slow. I think it will be closer than some may believe. Either way the Eagles, being a 2nd year program is going to the playoffs. That 2nd place spot looks nice. Good luck to both teams.

Good game. Closer than most expect.

Which tigers team will show up? Fayetteville does have speed but the Eagles ain't slow. I think it will be closer than some may believe. Either way the Eagles, being a 2nd year program is going to the playoffs. That 2nd place spot looks nice. Good luck to both teams.

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Fville go to the playoffs their first year and been every year. I think this is only their 5th year. But like I said, somebody can correct me if I'm wrong

Fayetteville's playoff history:

2013: Lost in quarterfinal

2014: Missed playoffs

2015: Lost in 2nd round

Correct, but Fayetteville was a split with a powerhouse Lincoln Co High and most of the talent went to the Tigers program. Now they have great coaching and good talent and LC is trying to recuperate.

Correct, but Fayetteville was a split with a powerhouse Lincoln Co High and most of the talent went to the Tigers program. Now they have great coaching and good talent and LC is trying to recuperate.

Similar to what happened with Lawrence County and Summertown. Kids from Summertown that used to be able to coop to play football cant do that now. Werent very many but it was enough to make a huge difference in the LCHS program. They have been hurting for 2 years now because of it.

I would agree with you 100% about the coaching and work the Fayetteville staff have invested in these young men.  They have taken student athletes that otherwise would not have sniffed the playing field in a much larger program/school like LC, save maybe one or two outstanding players, and taken them to playoff rounds in 2 of the 3 years of the program.  And that's IF these kids would have even gone out for their teams or been financially able to.  And also thank you for the compliment about our kids.  They play with heart and give their utmost effort until the final whistle, not just football but other extra-curricular events as well.  We've taken that underdog attitude and stood toe to toe, in most cases, with other, more established football programs.  Win or lose, the other team always knew at the end they had been in a dogfight.   I would mention that LC WAS a powerhouse in the early 2000's, but have not been as successful since 2008 when they went 7-4-0.  Since then they've only had two winning seasons (2013 & 2015).  The fact remains that while there are still some locals who are upset about students staying at our school and not going to theirs exclusively, 1 A and 5A football are completely different animals.  If our kids didn't have the option of staying at our school, who knows if those few could help them turn things around?  I would opine that what our program has offered, which is playing time against teams like Wayne County, Columbia Academy, Franklin Road Academy, and South Pittsburg to name a few, make our kids and teams better.  We have enjoyed some success, being medium fish in a medium pond, and the kids (and parents) seem to recognize that.  I will also say that there have been kids leave us and go to LC and have flourished athletically, and I so selfishly wish they would have stayed and done the same for our programs at Fayetteville.  But, all are finding their niche, and succeeding, regardless of what I or others wish would have happened. The same can be said for Lawrenceburg/Summertown or even Columbia Central/Spring Hill/Mt. Pleasant.  Parents for the most part want their kids to be in environments where they think they will be prepared to be successful, whether in sports, or band, or debate, or robotics, or FFA.  Summertown's program is only two years old, so they have some growing pains to endure, but have made great strides to keep up and catch up.  Their record so far is evidence of that.  Hopefully with the new classifications we will still enjoy that competition.  I welcome it.

This game Friday will have two winners, but on the field tomorrow it'll be the Tigers that will have the most points when it's all done.