Knoxville Catholic...

fredjones

I hope Fulton is in the same district and they have to play the F5 twice a season!!!

me too .. hopefully Knox Catholic can stay 4A or move back to 4A when Alcoa moves up .. that way when Fulton or Knox Catholic have really good teams .. Rankin can't dodge them .. lol .. lol .. lol

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dont think for a moment those smeltin potters r goin down hill.......its obvious to the intelleckual eye like Boogers, that there r halls and classrooms to fill.......now that could all b derallled in a insence with their loss durin the Choo Choo Gobbler Holiday

Booger just sayin cooking_by_blaahy.gif

Can somebody please explain to me how the "Standard Parish Contribution" paid by the church to the school on behalf of a student is not financial aide?

As I understand it, KCHS has a "Catholic Student Tuition" and a "Non-Catholic Student Tuition". That's fine. Two different tuition rates for two different classifications of students is no problem.

But then there is this "Standard Parish Contribution" that a family can apply for to further reduce their tuition. If the church makes a contribution to the school "on behalf of the family", then the student's Catholic Student Tuition is reduced by an equal amount. Is that not financial aide by the T$$AA definition?

I guess technically, they aren't paying a portion of the student's tuition. The student's tuition just gets decreased by an amount equal to the church's contribution. :rolleyes:

Does this mean that any non-profit foundation can make a contribution to a school on behalf of a student, and the school can then legally discount the student's tuition by an equal amount without that being considered financial aide? :huh:

Can somebody please explain to me how the "Standard Parish Contribution" paid by the church to the school on behalf of a student is not financial aide?

As I understand it, KCHS has a "Catholic Student Tuition" and a "Non-Catholic Student Tuition". That's fine. Two different tuition rates for two different classifications of students is no problem.

But then there is this "Standard Parish Contribution" that a family can apply for to further reduce their tuition. If the church makes a contribution to the school "on behalf of the family", then the student's Catholic Student Tuition is reduced by an equal amount. Is that not financial aide by the T$$AA definition?

I guess technically, they aren't paying a portion of the student's tuition. The student's tuition just gets decreased by an amount equal to the church's contribution. :rolleyes:

Does this mean that any non-profit foundation can make a contribution to a school on behalf of a student, and the school can then legally discount the student's tuition by an equal amount without that being considered financial aide? :huh:

I wouldn't think the 2017 rules would allow for an athlete to receive even the Catholic discount. Perhaps Knox Catholic is planning to disallow these breaks for athletes in 2017? It's all very murky now, I'm not really sure how a private can stay in D-I without major headaches...

I would swear I used to get a discount for having multiple children at CPA but that went away at some point... probably because of sports :( and I think the discount that used to be given to CPC members went away also... I could be dreaming it all up though...

me too .. hopefully Knox Catholic can stay 4A or move back to 4A when Alcoa moves up .. that way when Fulton or Knox Catholic have really good teams .. Rankin can't dodge them .. lol .. lol .. lol

Alcoa not yet in 4A and you are already whining and trying to get Catholic to win your battles. Classic sissy boy mentality right there!! Ha.