Trousdale co has fired coach Barker effective immediately

KBD

There's no gray area within a persons character...he either knew that filling his tank was wrong, or had been told that it was ok...if no authorization was given to use the pump for his personal vehicle, there's no difference in sneaking into your garage in the middle of the night and taking your stuff...a thief is a thief no matter the conditions.

There's no gray area within a persons character...he either knew that filling his tank was wrong, or had been told that it was ok...if no authorization was given to use the pump for his personal vehicle, there's no difference in sneaking into your garage in the middle of the night and taking your stuff...a thief is a thief no matter the conditions.

agree!

Let's give him the benefit of the doubt. I could care less but Hear me out.

So he was given access to a pump that is specific for city/county vehicles. So you mean to tell me there is a pump designated for this, but is accessible to anyone and everyone?? Yes he took it, but how naive can that city/county be to have a buffet-style gas pump that doesn't require some kind of city/county ID pre-auth or some type of designated credit card?? Is this common??

So he was given access to a pump that is specific for city/county vehicles. So you mean to tell me there is a pump designated for this, but is accessible to anyone and everyone?? Yes he took it, but how naive can that city/county be to have a buffet-style gas pump that doesn't require some kind of city/county ID pre-auth or some type of designated credit card?? Is this common??

Someone said he was filling his personal vehicles. What other vehicles would he have? Does he get a car for coaching?? Also if they let him coach last night's game knowing he was going to be fired what kind of message does that send? I just think there's more to it than what we're seeing. May never know the whole story.

he had access because he drove the bus for football games and scrimmages. That's why he had access. Cameras are stationed at the pump so there is physical evidence of anyone who tries it

I'm with you Mike...that's why I included the possibility that he'd ben told (presumably by an authority) that it was ok to do so in certain situations...could have been "if you have to use your car for...". That sort of thing happens in most places whether the general public is aware of it or not. If it's as simple as seeing an opportunity and taking it, the right course of action was taken.