Round 3: Waverly vs Scotts Hill

PrimeXTime44

I'm here. Haven't been on here much. I keep up with Waverly but live too far away now. I miss calling games and have had many tell me they wished I still did it. I made it exciting and I was a big Homer. Lol

Good to hear from you man!! We had some fun on these boards back in those days!! Glad to hear you are doing well!! 

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well it's game day! SH is going in as the underdog.....again but, they go into this game battle tested and ready for battle! Waverly has been battle tested as well! I know what the boards and the polls show but, the players at SH havent heard yet that they are not suppose to win this game! They are going into this game beleiving they can win! Will they win? We will all know that answer by the end of the day. These are two very good teams and are very well coached! You don't get to round three by mistake. Good luck to both teams, praying for safe travels and an injury free game. Go Lions! Represent!

There will be another day. We're still in your region, and this is already the longest run Waverly has ever had.

I don't believe so, I think the 87 or 88 team made it to the last round I think I'm sure been a long time since I watched the highlight tape. I think the 87 team went 13-1 with a undefeated regular season. Edited by vandyfan1

I don't believe so, I think the 87 or 88 team made it to the last round I think I'm sure been a long time since I watched the highlight tape. I think the 87 team went 13-1 with a undefeated regular season.

Yes, they were good, but I didn't realize they went that far. Wish both teams well tonight, and safe travels for the Scotts Hill boys. Will be score watching with interest to see which will go to Memphis next week. Cammo, blue and white, or cammo, black and gold. Either way, I'll be pulling for the regional team that represents. 

Game time -2:45!!! Here it is guys...the opportunity that you've been working toward for the last year. All the weights, all the sweat, the bumps and bruises, the cheers, the laughs, the brotherhood...it all comes together tonight. One game to survive and advance, or for some to never play this game again...the rest to start over at zero looking toward this same chance next season. Nothing to lose guys...everyone said that y'all were a nice team, but wouldn't get this far. They said that Adamsville would send you home, then that you would have a letdown at Lewis Co... they were wrong. Most everyone not connected to the program thinks that it ends tonight...just like before, that's up to you. If tonight doesn't go our way, that's life...the community, school, and especially the parents are proud of your accomplishments...the Scotts Hill football program will not be viewed as the "doormat" of old any longer, and that forever belongs to you, win or lose tonight. One more time..​LET 'EM HEAR THAT ROAR!!!