Blackmun comes on ovur two Mairvul

STARSNBARS

If MP sent you to RuCo to take an in depth look into what is happening there when there hasn't been a championship won in that county in several years, who did MP send to Blount County to figure out how, not one, but two schools 5 miles apart have amassed so many state championships in the last 16 years?  Just curious...

Only my second year following Oakland, but I'll bite....

It doesn't seem to be that difficult to comprehend. It's not about the number of Championships in the RuCo, its about the "increasing" amount of talent in the county. Doesn't seem he was "sent" to cover dynasties. I have no idea how long Kickoff has been around. Maybe he could put together a list of all the kids that have gone on to play major DI (power 5) for both Blount and RuCo. since he's been here.

Everybody, Alcoa included, knows that Maryville is the gold standard. So why haven't MP sent someone to Blount Co? The same reason they haven't sent one to Trousdale Co*. (who has more rings than anyone not named M'ville*, Alcoa* or BA). We* have had great teams with great players. We* have had great teams with good players. We* have built great programs that a lot of teams aspire to become. But, I just don't see us* producing the number of Power 5 kids that RuCo is currently spitting out. I could be waaay off base with you all, but I know WE at TC ain't!! haha!!

Just my $0.02. Carry on...

Actually Im not a heavy Oakland fan as you state. I cover all the 6A schools in Rutherford County and have no bias. But what I am is a realist. Ive been Maryville play twice, Blackman 3 times and Oakland 3 times. By far Oakland is "now" way ahead of both these teams. Thus the new national ranking in the top 25. I wish every county team well as I have all year but I have to be objective. And by the way I havent lost a pick all year.

how have we made it without you all these years

OK my view.  Maryville WILL win.  Please be gentle with Blackman as they will have a long ride home.

Now as to the 'Dynasty', just how many of them Gold Trophy's were for 4a?

Right now the Rebels are the team to beat.  My question is there ANY school in Tn that can do it?  Going to bet on Oakland as I am a homer, but I will NOT give odds.

OK my view.  Maryville WILL win.  Please be gentle with Blackman as they will have a long ride home.

Now as to the 'Dynasty', just how many of them Gold Trophy's were for 4a?

Right now the Rebels are the team to beat.  My question is there ANY school in Tn that can do it?  Going to bet on Oakland as I am a homer, but I will NOT give odds.

Don't worry, they won't be any worse on you than anyone else.

Talking about Oakland and Maryville is putting the cart before the horse in my opinion. I think that is a matchup we will see, but I am waiting a week before I start that.

The thing is Maryville has built a program that is the envy of most all. But it's not just what has been done at the high school level. There is a lot of background building and instruction there, that most places don't follow as closely. I see more places starting to look at doing that.

Edited by alt1958

If MP sent you to RuCo to take an in depth look into what is happening there when there hasn't been a championship won in that county in several years, who did MP send to Blount County to figure out how, not one, but two schools 5 miles apart have amassed so many state championships in the last 16 years?  Just curious...

This is our first year in RC. We came here not because of individual championships. We came here because of the rapid growth and the number of players this county is putting into D1 and D2 schools. No other county in the country has placed more players into colleges over the past 3 years than Rutherford County. The rapid growth and development of the counties programs is causing this area to be a magnet for families with prospective football players wanting to move here. I understand as a fan you want to beat your chest on Maryville's past and that's great, but ask yourself this, Coach Q wont be there forever and what is Maryville doing to insure growth in that area for he future? Times change and schools change. I can name several schools with similar histories as Maryville who had great programs and coaches for decades who have almost faded off the map. Its not a one year thing or a past record thing. its about who is doing what for the future. Rutherford County is the only county school system to have 3 teams reach the 2nd round and 2 teams to reach the 3rd. Something is happening in this county whether you want to admit it or not. Not saying its going to be this year but if Oakland beats Maryville it could like other areas of the country signal a changing of the guard.

Edited by RCKickOffFootball

This is our first year in RC. We came here not because of individual championships. We came here because of the rapid growth and the number of players this county is putting into D1 and D2 schools. No other county in the country has placed more players into colleges over the past 3 years than Rutherford County. The rapid growth and development of the counties programs is causing this area to be a magnet for families with prospective football players wanting to move here. I understand as a fan you want to beat your chest on Maryville's past and that's great, but ask yourself this, Coach Q wont be there forever and what is Maryville doing to insure growth in that area for he future? Times change and schools change. I can name several schools with similar histories as Maryville who had great programs and coaches for decades who have almost faded off the map. Its not a one year thing or a past record thing. its about who is doing what for the future. Rutherford County is the only county school system to have 3 teams reach the 2nd round and 2 teams to reach the 3rd. Something is happening in this county whether you want to admit it or not. Not saying its going to be this year but if Oakland beats Maryville it could like other areas of the country signal a changing of the guard.

LOL....I will let others enjoy this discussion. I don't have time for this rocket scientist.