Blackmun comes on ovur two Mairvul

STARSNBARS

This is our first year in RC. We came here not because of individual championships. We came here because of the rapid growth and the number of players this county is putting into D1 and D2 schools. No other county in the country has placed more players into colleges over the past 3 years than Rutherford County. The rapid growth and development of the counties programs is causing this area to be a magnet for families with prospective football players wanting to move here. I understand as a fan you want to beat your chest on Maryville's past and that's great, but ask yourself this, Coach Q wont be there forever and what is Maryville doing to insure growth in that area for he future? Times change and schools change. I can name several schools with similar histories as Maryville who had great programs and coaches for decades who have almost faded off the map. Its not a one year thing or a past record thing. its about who is doing what for the future. Rutherford County is the only county school system to have 3 teams reach the 2nd round and 2 teams to reach the 3rd. Something is happening in this county whether you want to admit it or not. Not saying its going to be this year but if Oakland beats Maryville it could like other areas of the country signal a changing of the guard.

That is fair, and I understand what you are saying....RuCo does seem to be a hotbed for college talent.  While I have been amazed at what Alcoa and Maryville have been able to build and maintain for the last 15-20 years, my kid did not go to either school so I wasn't trying to be smart or beat my chest.  I will say that I have witnessed Oakland and they are the real deal, if them and Maryville both win this week, that should be one heck of a football game.

This is our first year in RC. We came here not because of individual championships. We came here because of the rapid growth and the number of players this county is putting into D1 and D2 schools. No other county in the country has placed more players into colleges over the past 3 years than Rutherford County. The rapid growth and development of the counties programs is causing this area to be a magnet for families with prospective football players wanting to move here. I understand as a fan you want to beat your chest on Maryville's past and that's great, but ask yourself this, Coach Q wont be there forever and what is Maryville doing to insure growth in that area for he future? Times change and schools change. I can name several schools with similar histories as Maryville who had great programs and coaches for decades who have almost faded off the map. Its not a one year thing or a past record thing. its about who is doing what for the future. Rutherford County is the only county school system to have 3 teams reach the 2nd round and 2 teams to reach the 3rd. Something is happening in this county whether you want to admit it or not. Not saying its going to be this year but if Oakland beats Maryville it could like other areas of the country signal a changing of the guard.

WELP, THERE IS AN OPENING AT A DIVISION 2 COLLEGE IN JEFFERSON CITY WHERE A LEGENDARY COACH JUST RETIRED..........

#LOP

#JUST SAYING

I was only looking for Power 5 starters.

It doesn't matter how many D-1 players we put out, Maryville always have a fine fine TEAM. We will have several D-1 recruits on the field and I don't think our chances are any better because of it. It is truly about coaching, fundamentals and being cohesive. I hope we play a good game against you all.. I would love to get the monkey off our back, and give our kids the confidence that they can play with anyone.