NCS @ WC round 3

wildcat89

Congrats Wildcats! It isn't over yet, keep it up! You boys played hard out there tonight. It was one of the more physical games WC has had this year. NCS (mainly #11) was laying some big hits. Congrats to NCS, you all have a very respectful group of kids. I hate to see kids play their last game. The final walk is the hardest part.

Hard fought game. Congratulations to WC. We certainly had our chances. Picked off Rice twice and hustle on special teams resulting in to WC mishaps on punts for a total of 4 TO and we come away with no points. That's tough but credit WC for not yielding anything.

Two terrible 15 yards penalties, one taking a TD off the board and one backing us up to the 20. Both were absolutely the correct calls. Again no points.

NCS had every chance to take control of the game but fate has something different in mind for this Wayne County bunch.

Must also say I am not sure why we tried to get in a shoot out when our run game was working and working darn well too. Don't know the final stats but sure seems like we had 2 backs over a 100.

Hard fought game. Congratulations to WC. We certainly had our chances. Picked off Rice twice and hustle on special teams resulting in to WC mishaps on punts for a total of 4 TO and we come away with no points. That's tough but credit WC for not yielding anything.

Two terrible 15 yards penalties, one taking a TD off the board and one backing us up to the 20. Both were absolutely the correct calls. Again no points.

NCS had every chance to take control of the game but fate has something different in mind for this Wayne County bunch.

Must also say I am not sure why we tried to get in a shoot out when our run game was working and working darn well too. Don't know the final stats but sure seems like we had 2 backs over a 100.

I agree, it wasn't all WC playing bad, NCS caused a lot of the havoc. It was a very good 1a playoff football game to watch. I thought overall the refs did a good job, they could have called several penalties on both teams that they didn't. WC also had a td removed when Rice through an interception then ran the NCS player down and took the ball from him and run it 60 yards for a td only to be called back on a block in the back penalty 30 yards away from the ball, but it was the right call just hate to see that when it has no effect on the play. Hats off to NCS, great program and much respect from WC!