2017 1A Favorites?

AllRegion

I just don't see coalfield losing to anyone or it being close with anyone in 1A. I understand there are battles and especially when GB has been better than CF talent wise and lost to them in the playoffs, but I see coalfield beating everyone by at least 2 touchdowns this year. No one matches up talent wise with the from the east. With that being said they still have weak spots like the guard spots will be where most teams should be able to attack their O-Line. The tackles with Carroll and Kilby should be fine, but again that's why you play the game and strap em up every Friday night. When that first whistle blows to the last it's anyone game.

I just don't see coalfield losing to anyone or it being close with anyone in 1A. I understand there are battles and especially when GB has been better than CF talent wise and lost to them in the playoffs, but I see coalfield beating everyone by at least 2 touchdowns this year. No one matches up talent wise with the from the east. With that being said they still have weak spots like the guard spots will be where most teams should be able to attack their O-Line. The tackles with Carroll and Kilby should be fine, but again that's why you play the game and strap em up every Friday night. When that first whistle blows to the last it's anyone game.

SP has never lost to Coalbucket so I like our chances.  Greenback is a different animal because they often have enough speed and muscle.  Coalbucket has historically not matched up well to the SP speed in these big games. SP has a long road to get there, but if they do, they got a chance.

As long as coalfield doesn't get a sense of entitlement and be complacent then they should steam roll. I don't know much about the west side so I can't really put much of an input on that, but coalfield has my vote on coming out of the east with ease.

West will be down this year especially after Union City and Peabody going to 2A. I think either would be the favorites if left in 1A but since they aren't Coalfield is definitely the favorites.