Oakland vs, Whitehaven

Blaze45

Said that a tad bit too early in the game did we?

LOL. I was laughing at the comments at the first of the game to see who could be the funniest but don't remember seeing many of them towards the end of the game. If it could go wrong at the first of the game it would happen. Took a good team to pull out of that and get back into the game.

Congrats to Da Haven, best game of the weekend to watch IMO, as I love hard hitting defensive battles, I knew this could go either way because it would be low scoring and close at the end.....

The comments in the 1st half cracked me up, after the game there are the select few tearing down Oakland instead of giving WH their due credit, everybody talked about how good one of the defenses is all week, they didn't realize the other one was just as good.....lol

Edited by Kevin38

Where da big mouths at, where the big mouths at, where they at, where they at, where they at?????? First hats off to oakland on a great game!! Could have gone either way..but to the big mouths who gave us absolutely no chance...haha congrats to you too!!! Just one thing, if we come out and do what we've been doing this game would not be close, don't know what the OC was thinking but the end result is whitehaven is state champs!!!! 901 rules, 4 gold balls coming back to memphis!!! If you get tired of the crow, we will get you some pigeon!!! You know who you are.....time to go party and set the fireworks in Cookeville!!!!

Edited by coach10ac

I don't know if it were a case of trust, more then he realized the moment just may have been too big for the young man, so he took the pressure off of him and put the pressure on the shoulders of #8.

The kicker is a sophomore. He's a converted soccer player who never had played football. At the beginning of the season, he was so shaky, he missed PAT after PAT. As the season progressed, you could see him growing in confidence. Tonight, missing those PATs shook him to the core. #64 was talking to the kicker after that 2nd miss trying to encourage him. Coach Saulsberry probably didn't want to put that young man through that pressure cooker. He was probably thinking more about that young man's psyche more then anything else. I can't imagine what kind of effect it could of had on that young man's self belief if he missed another one. That young man might not snap back from something like that. That's what I think. He's young, he has time to build up his confidence to where he can execute under extreme pressure.

Kicker was ruffed and injured. Respect da Haven!!!