Mairvul Footbawl 2017

STARSNBARS

11 hours ago, STARSNBARS said:

Now Bee Cee if'un tds is gonna cownt 1951....Then'st eye am two.....:popcorneater:

http://www.tennprepdb.com/teamhomescores.aspx?Team1=Alcoa&Season=1951

No....no. just 1954.

I'm figuring Alcoa in a goodur position the next three years to win this title out right. So, get your hankys ready! The F5 coming and The Goons be hollering! :D

Likenhous always picked the State Champs until the AP and UPI started in 1960.

Season LLitkenhous AP UPI
1968 MBA MBA Cleveland
1967 MBA MBA MBA
1966 BGA BGA BGA
1965 Chattanooga Central Jackson Chattanooga Central
1964 Jackson Maryville Dobyns-Bennett
1963 Jackson Jackson Whitehaven
1962 Oak Ridge Chattanooga Central Chattanooga Central
1961 Bradley Central Bradley Central Oak Ridge
1960 Dobyns-Bennett Litton Dobyns-Bennett
1959 Dobyns-Bennett    
1958 Oak Ridge    
1957 Chattanooga Central    
1956 Oak Ridge    
1955 MBA    
1954 Chattanooga Central    
1953 Chattanooga Central    
1952 Columbia Central    
1951 Chattanooga Central    
1950 Memphis Central    
1949 Dobyns-Bennett    
1948 Dobyns-Bennett    
1947 Dobyns-Bennett    
1946 Chattanooga Central    
1945 Dobyns-Bennett    
1944 Knoxville High    
1943 Knoxville High    
1942 Knoxville High    
1941 Memphis Tech

9 hours ago, OldRebel2 said:

I was at that game.  Maryville couldn't stop Richard Pickens !

Richard Pickens was one of my first hero's when I was a kid watching Tennessee. I would have been a little to young to have remembered that game but do know a few that played on that team. Pickens led the SEC in rushing his senior year at UT so that might tell anyone we were playing a tough team with a great player.

This year the Barber Shop betting lines had Alcoa as a lopsided favorite during the spring and many had high hopes of a transfer coming back home from the State of Georgia along side of their great All Star End. Unfortunately for Alcoa the young man stayed put in Georgia and the All Star End made some bad decisions the coach felt would be better for the young man to set out the season which by that time the Barber Shop lines started seeing a much closer game. Then a trip to Kentucky and a loss to a team that gained less than 100 yards offense changed the Barber Shop Line again with Maryville to win big.  As it turned out it was a pretty good game no matter who won or loss.

14 minutes ago, BCsportsfan said:

72%. Ha. Does that help stroke your ego when you are comparing a school that thoughout history has been less than half the size! Lol!

Alcoa has 650 students and Maryville 1600+ students. There's the REAL percentage! 

I never hear the players talk about this.  It's all about the game.  Why does it matter how many kids there are in the school?  Alcoa had 78 on their roster and Maryville had 82 on the roster this year.  Seems pretty even to me.  It's all about the rivalry, and to most players, it's their biggest game of the regular season.  650 or 1600, doesn't matter on the football field.