Mairvul Footbawl 2017

STARSNBARS

23 hours ago, AllRegion said:

Thank you, RW! It was certainly a well-deserved promotion. GQ will be a head coach soon and a great one, too.

Maybe it's because I don't fool with the off season high school threads a whole bunch but  I'm not sure if it's cool if I go off thread again and ask if GQ would be a good candidate for the ETSU head coach job?

If this is out of line banish me until next August and GO REBELS!!!!!!!

6 minutes ago, plumb69 said:

Maybe it's because I don't fool with the off season high school threads a whole bunch but  I'm not sure if it's cool if I go off thread again and ask if GQ would be a good candidate for the ETSU head coach job?

In all honesty, I think GQ would be a GREAT candidate for the ETSU head coaching position. Maybe I'm biased, or too simple-minded, but I have worked with a lot of people in the sport and never seen a better football mind or leader than George Quarles. If I was the one making the decision, I'd have made him UT's coach. 

9 minutes ago, AllRegion said:

In all honesty, I think GQ would be a GREAT candidate for the ETSU head coaching position. Maybe I'm biased, or too simple-minded, but I have worked with a lot of people in the sport and never seen a better football mind or leader than George Quarles. If I was the one making the decision, I'd have made him UT's coach. 

I think he would be a great candidate for the Bucs coach also. I just think the ETSU job is one where a coach is going to take some licks for a few years while getting that team competitive. Does he want that or rather stay in a good spot where's he is at?

But back on topic: GO REBELS, the defending 6A state champion.

Gold balls roll to east Tennessee

Edited by plumb69

13 minutes ago, plumb69 said:

Just don't see him taking the ETSU job.  He's at his alma mater, his wife is from the Greenville area where Furman is, and he's moved his family once already in the last year.  He's been offered college head coaching positions before, and turned them down.  Don't think being a head coach is something he needs to feed his ego.  That's just not his style.  

Be really surprised if he doesn't stay at Furman for a good while.  

Another good SoCon job came open today, by the way.  The long time head coach at Wofford, Mike Ayers, has retired after 30 years in that position.  Wofford is located in Spartanburg, and that's a really good job.  

9 minutes ago, HTV said:

Just don't see him taking the ETSU job.  He's at his alma mater, his wife is from the Greenville area where Furman is, and he's moved his family once already in the last year.  He's been offered college head coaching positions before, and turned them down.  Don't think being a head coach is something he needs to feed his ego.  That's just not his style.  

Be really surprised if he doesn't stay at Furman for a good while.  

Another good SoCon job came open today, by the way.  The long time head coach at Wofford, Mike Ayers, has retired after 30 years in that position.  Wofford is located in Spartanburg, and that's a really good job.  

Wofford put Furman out this year correct?

I agree  with what you posted except the head coach statement. I think that might be an itch and if he does stay at Furman like you think then that may be the place he tries this.

But this is Mairvul Footbawl  2017. So go REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unless GQ hires on with the Scots and that will also be Mairvul Footbawl. GO SCOTS!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by plumb69

43 minutes ago, plumb69 said:

Wofford put Furman out this year correct?

I agree  with what you posted except the head coach statement. I think that might be an itch and if he does stay at Furman like you think then that may be the place he tries this.

But this is Mairvul Footbawl  2017. So go REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unless GQ hires on with the Scots and that will also be Mairvul Footbawl. GO SCOTS!!!!!!!!!!!

Wofford actually beat Furman twice - once in the regular season and then eliminated them in the playoffs.  

Not saying that GQ doesn't want to be a head coach again.  Only that I don't see him needing to jump at just any job because of ego.  Don't see ETSU as a good job at this point.