Mairvul Footbawl 2017

STARSNBARS

2 hours ago, MomTo81 said:

I never hear the players talk about this.  It's all about the game.  Why does it matter how many kids there are in the school?  Alcoa had 78 on their roster and Maryville had 82 on the roster this year.  Seems pretty even to me.  It's all about the rivalry, and to most players, it's their biggest game of the regular season.  650 or 1600, doesn't matter on the football field.

You are absolutely right about the game being a great rivalry and school size not being a factor to the players!

BUT, Don't tell me enrollment size does not or has not been a factor in the outcome of this series. Depth and simply depth has been a huge reason. It is the reason there are classifications in all sports.  Yes, Alcoa has a lot of depth being one of the smaller 3A schools. That is an advantage Alcoa has over other 3A programs. But, we recognize that as an advantage.  To say that an additional 1000 students to pull players from "seems pretty even to me" LOL.....well..ok. :D

Merry CHRISTmas to all my Rebels buddies! :thumb:

1 hour ago, BCsportsfan said:

You are absolutely right about the game being a great rivalry and school size not being a factor to the players!

BUT, Don't tell me enrollment size does not or has not been a factor in the outcome of this series. Depth and simply depth has been a huge reason. It is the reason there are classifications in all sports.  Yes, Alcoa has a lot of depth being one of the smaller 3A schools. That is an advantage Alcoa has over other 3A programs. But, we recognize that as an advantage.  To say that an additional 1000 students to pull players from "seems pretty even to me" LOL.....well..ok. :D

That’s funny , Maryville has had pretty good success at playing teams with 1000 more students up here in big Boy land ! lol, you guys may eventually TIE us with the most State Championships , and even pass us ... but we will all know those Gold Balls are from the “ Kiddie Pool “ ... lol... Merry Christmas to all my Alcoa Buddies!! ( I’m just joking with you guys !! ) Sort of .. LoL 

26 minutes ago, pepvol said:

That’s funny , Maryville has had pretty good success at playing teams with 1000 more students up here in big Boy land ! 

Who? 2600+ students? Some IFL team? Ha. DB is close to 2200 students......

Pep....we'll let you fellers use that 1964 win as "REAL" State Championship. It will make it even better when us in the Lil kitties pool  win it outright!! Yea! :thumb:

Merry Christmas Brother!:D

2 hours ago, BCsportsfan said:

Yes, we technically have a thousand more to "pull from", but if they don't come out for the team, there is no pulling anyone. :o

Merry Christmas! 

54 minutes ago, rebelwoman87 said:

Well it was this time last year that GQ was hired at Furman. All we heard was Maryville would fall of the face of the Earth. I heard so much I can’t even remember it all. The Reign was over...nowhere to go but down... no way could there not be a falling off... :roflolk:

Coach Hunt will keep Maryville at their best!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BCsportsfan said:

Who? 2600+ students? Some IFL team? Ha. DB is close to 2200 students......

Pep....we'll let you fellers use that 1964 win as "REAL" State Championship. It will make it even better when us in the Lil kitties pool  win it outright!! Yea! :thumb:

Merry Christmas Brother!:D

Merry Christmas to you and yours too Buddy , and to all my Alcoa Buddies ( ya believe it or not I have a bunch !! lol ) . We all have a lot to be thankful for , no Doubt !

6 hours ago, pepvol said:

That’s funny , Maryville has had pretty good success at playing teams with 1000 more students up here in big Boy land ! lol, you guys may eventually TIE us with the most State Championships , and even pass us ... but we will all know those Gold Balls are from the “ Kiddie Pool “ ... lol... Merry Christmas to all my Alcoa Buddies!! ( I’m just joking with you guys !! ) Sort of .. LoL 

The best part pep !!!!!  just about every year Alcoa won their coveted gold ball , they were beaten by the rebels......oughta put an asterisk on all their gold ball for that  lololol   merry Christmas from high atop the Midwest         

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Jetjock said:

The best part pep !!!!!  just about every year Alcoa won their coveted gold ball , they were beaten by the rebels......oughta put an asterisk on all their gold ball for that  lololol   merry Christmas from high atop the Midwest         

When they win a championship, but lose to the Red Rebels, that's an F4 season!

If they win a championship, but lose to the Red Rebels and the Redhounds, that's an F3 season!

fujita-tornado-scale.jpg

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Jetjock said:

Yup, and we got a neon signs flashing above the 15-0 State Championship Trophies where the" Lil kitty pool team" beat the team that also won their " big boy football state championship" !

As you travel down Alcoa Hwy you can see the glow of the neon signs radiating from the special dome built just for the team with 16 real state championships! AND!...the colors will change for your viewing pleasure! Yeah! A sight you must see to believe!

Merry Christmas Mr. A.:D

On 12/21/2017 at 7:53 AM, BCsportsfan said:

72%. Ha. Does that help stroke your ego when you are comparing a school that thoughout history has been less than half the size! Lol!

Alcoa has 650 students and Maryville 1600+ students. There's the REAL percentage! 

Go ahead Cosmo Kramer and brag about how you are the best!!! :roflolk:

What about William Blount, they have 1,900 to pick from and only went 1-9 thanks to dropping Alcoa and replacing them with St. Mary's Home for Unwed Mothers.