Mairvul Footbawl 2017

STARSNBARS

As much as I hate to say this. Alcoa will pull away from Maryville in State Titles. Maryville will still be great. They will compete for state titles as long as that staff stays together.  Here is why Alcoa will keep winning . They are a great program.  Their biggest competition  CPA CAK are no longer in 3A. Those schools are the only reason Alcoa hasn't won 14 straight State Titles.  Alcoa is just that much better than anyone in their class. Alcoa doesn't have to deal with Oakland, Ravenwood or Whitehaven.  I can deal with Alcoa having more state titles than Maryville.  I just don't want Alcoa to beat Maryville on the field.

4 hours ago, REBELRON said:

As much as I hate to say this. Alcoa will pull away from Maryville in State Titles. Maryville will still be great. They will compete for state titles as long as that staff stays together.  Here is why Alcoa will keep winning . They are a great program.  Their biggest competition  CPA CAK are no longer in 3A. Those schools are the only reason Alcoa hasn't won 14 straight State Titles.  Alcoa is just that much better than anyone in their class. Alcoa doesn't have to deal with Oakland, Ravenwood or Whitehaven.  I can deal with Alcoa having more state titles than Maryville.  I just don't want Alcoa to beat Maryville on the field.

I usually have breakfast with a couple of former coaches from different high schools that are pretty well known in this area. They even have things on the school campuses they coached for named after them that have told me they have a lot of hard feelings with how we got into a watered down system we're in today. One told me had it been broken down like this in his day there would be a dozen more trophies at one of the schools and another said he had felt robbed when he had 8-2 and 9-1 teams that missed the playoff's when there are teams going now with 1-9 records. The main point is that each one of these men have a lot of hard feelings over the current situation. One told me I think every town in Tennessee has a state championship sign as you enter those areas. I ask one coach the following Saturday after the championship game what he thought of the game and he replied "I didn't watch it , we went to bed early last night, how did it turn out." For a guy that gave his life to that school and to say that really caught me off guard that morning.

Edited by BarneySox2007